The following are some of the PTO's contributions to Westside Middle School
for the 2015 - 2016 School Year
- Purchase of $1,800 worth of fans for all classrooms
- Host Harvest Dance for the entire student body of WSMSA including decorations, snacks and waters.
- Provided drinks and snacks for the 20 Science Fair judges and the 200+ students who participated in the Science Fair.
- Support of the other school clubs - Drama and Student Council - through donations of waters and snacks for the Bye Bye Birdie and Neon dances.
- Provide snacks (granola bars and fresh fruit) and waters for the 160 students who attended the Philadelphia trip and the 65 students who attended Washington DC trip
- Financial assistance for students who need help attending field trips
- Provided support for the International Dinner hosted by the Guidance Dept. which had over 100 attendees.
- Provide balloon decorations in conjunction with Broadview and Rogers Park which costs each school $200.
- Award plaques to honor our 8th Grade student accomplishments which typically run around $200.
- Perpetual Plaques that will hang in the school denoting special award winners throughout the years to celebrate and remember the students' achievements.
- Gave $1,000 to the 8th Grade Dinner Dance to provide a beautiful sendoff to our 8th graders as they move into high school.
- Provided breakfast for approximately 60 teacher at WSMSA to welcome them back to the school year.
- With the generous help of our parent population, we were able to provide a fabulous luncheon for our teachers and staff at WSMSA for Staff Appreciation month.
- Gave Mr. DiGuiseppe, Ms. Christine and Mr. Darragh each a small token of appreciation for their time and effort during the school play.