1. This tournament will be played under FIFA Rules; however, the following modifications will apply.
a. No player may play for more than one (1) team throughout the tournament. Men play in Men’s Division and Women play in the Women’s division.
b. A player must play in two games in round-robin play to be eligible to play in the championship rounds
c. Rosters size: Men: 22-players (play 11v11). Women: 14-players (play 8v8)
d. Minimum player age - Men: 17-years Women: 16-years (Players 16 and 17 yrs must have parent consent by signing roster and disclaimer at check in)
e. All Players must sign the mandatory tournament forms and have USASA Insurance to be eligible to play
2. Players' equipment & apparel
a. Traditional soccer cleats and turf shoes are allowed. Cleats with a toe stud shall not be allowed (i.e. football or softball/baseball)
b. Commercial shin guards are required and must be completely covered
c. All jewelry must be removed with the exception, wedding and medical.
d. Any protective equipment worn by a player must be well padded and approved by the referee
e. Home team is responsible of changing uniforms in the event it is determined by the referee that the uniform colors cannot easily be distinguished
f. Permanent jersey numbers are mandatory (tape will not be allowed). Numbers MUST match the number on the roster, no sharing of jerseys.
3. ALL REFEREE DECISIONS ARE FINAL
4. Teams listed first on the official schedule is the Home team. Color conflicts home team will change.
5. Teams will be on opposite sides of the field from spectators. No spectators in team areas during matches.
6. Substitutions will be allowed:
a. Kick off
b. Throw ins must be “team in possession can sub. If team in possession subs than opponents can sub
c. Goal kick (either team)
e. Referee’s discretion.
7. Scoring for the round robin will be by World Cup format:
- WIN - Three (3) points
- Ties - One (1) Point
- Loss - Zero (0) points
- Red Card/Coach removal – Minus (1) point
o If two or more teams are tied in points at the completion of round robin play, advancement to the next round of play will be determined by utilization, in the order listed, of only as many of the following as is/are necessary to break the tie. If 3 or more teams are tied, then the criteria shall be reset after the elimination of a team:
Ø Head to head record in round robin
Ø Goal differential with maximum of a three-goal difference allowed per game (i.e. A 5-3-win results in a +2-goal differential)
Ø Least number of goals allowed in round robin
Ø Most goals scored
Ø Penalty Kicks
8. Advancement from first round play is as follows:
a. 4- teams are in the field. Round robin play (each team guaranteed 3 games). Top two teams in points advance to the final. NO semifinal match
b. 5 – teams are in the field. One group of 5, round robin (each team guaranteed 4 games). Top two teams in points advance from group to the final. NO semifinal match.
c. 6-teams are in the field. Each team is guaranteed 3 games. Top 4-point earners will advance to the semi-final round. #1 Point vs. #4 Point will be semi #1 and #2 Points vs. #3 Points will be semi #2. Teams that earn #5 Points and #6 points will play in a consolation championship game.
d. 7-teams are in the field. Each team is guaranteed 3 games. Top 4-point earners will advance to the semi-final round. #1 Point vs. #4 Point will be semi #1 and #2 Points vs. #3 Points will be semi #2.
e. 8-teams are in the field. Two groups of 4, round robin teams are guaranteed 3 games. Top two teams in each division advances for semifinals. #1 Group A vs #2 Group B and #1 Group B vs #2 Group A
9. Game duration
Men’s games (time):
a. Pool play games shall be 40-minute halves with 5- minute half time.
b. Semi games shall be 40- minute halves. In the event of ties at the end of regulation time teams will go straight to kicks from the mark to determine the winner.
c. Championship game shall be 40-minute halves with 5-minute half time. In the event of tie at the end of regulation time. Overtime periods will be two (2) 10-minute halves. In the event of tie at the end of overtime teams will go to kicks from the mark to determine the winner.
Women’s games (time)
a. Pool play games shall be 30-minute halves with 5-minute half time.
b. Semi games shall be 30- minute halves. In the event of ties at the end of regulation time teams will go straight to kicks from the mark to determine the winner.
c. Championship game shall be 30-minute halves with 5-minute half time. In the event of tie at the end of regulation time. Overtime periods will be two (2) 10-minute halves. In the event of tie at the end of overtime teams will go to kicks from the mark to determine the winner.
10. Any team not showing up for a scheduled game will LOSE BY forfeit. The winning team will receive (3) points and a recorded score of 3-0. Any team with a forfeit on their record may not advance to the championship round and will lose their cash bond.
11. A red-carded player or a coach who is sent off must leave the playing area for the remainder of that game and the next scheduled game for the team. Further action may be taken if deemed necessary by the Tournament Committee.
a. Team points will be deducted by one for each red card, coach sent-off, or fan sent-off
b. Any player with two red cards is ineligible to participate for the remainder of the tournament to include semi/championship rounds and possible future tournaments.
c. Dissent WILL NOT be tolerated. Referees are encouraged to give yellow cards for all dissent
d. Player red-carded WILL sit a minimum of 1-game suspension and pay a $50 fine prior to playing in the next scheduled game. Future action may be taken if deemed necessary by the Tournament Committee.
e. Any team that does not complete their scheduled games will forfeit the cash bond. Any player on a team that has a red card will forfeit the team cash bond.
12. Players with active bleeding must leave the field until the bleeding is controlled and covered as appropriate. Only the center referee can allow a player to re-enter the field of play and entry will be at mid field.
13. Games that are rained out will be decided by penalty kicks if rescheduling is not possible. Weather protocol if siren sounds, everyone will seek shelter until all clear is determined.
14. For any clarification contact the one of the Committee Members or Tournament Director listed below.
The Tournament Director and the Tournament Committee shall make decisions about issues, protests or concerns which arise during the competition. The GOAL of the committee is to provide an atmosphere which promotes friendships through competition.
Tournament Committee Tournament Referee Assignor
Chad Landis – 605-381-4785 Mike Watson - 605-347-1441
Jason Huneke 605-430-6758 Greg Stone - 605-390-6201
Pete Sales – 605-209-2900
Sara Callaway – 605-545-1712 Tournament Director
Alec Waby – 605-858-0272 Toni Sabrowski – 605-593-1295