This vision document will be displayed in the reception, for all visitors to read.
An outstanding and happy school where all children are empowered, through knowledge and self confidence, to take responsibility for themselves and their
The school will promote the ABC (Achievement, Behaviour and Character) of all pupils by:
A - Achievement
- encouraging and supporting all children to achieve the English Baccalaureate and as a minimum expect all students to achieve a grade C in English and Mathematics at GCSE;
- employing a highly skilled and motivated team of teaching and non teaching staff who share our vision and are committed to achieving high aspirations for all students;
- using robust student data to drive continuous improvement; we are committed to publishing an annual impact report.
B - Behaviour
- having consistent expectations of behaviour and dress such that students take pride in themselves and their school, and are known locally for their courtesy and manners.
C - Character
- being a nurturing, community school with a cross key stage buddying programme, strong and competitive house system and mixed ability tutor groups;
- employing a dedicated Community Liaison Officer to build relationships with parents, local employers and groups, and to arrange character, community and aspiration-building trips targeted at each student’s particular strengths and needs;
- coming together as a school, House or Key Stage once a week to build and continually reinforce the sense of shared endeavour and success.