Welcome to the website for the Western University of Health Sciences Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association Club, or WesternU NORA for short.
To quote NORA’s website www.nora.cc:
“NORA is diverse group of professionals dedicated to advancing the art and science of rehabilitation of the neurologically and cognitively injured and disabled survivor population and their families. NORA members are professionals who recognize the crucial role of vision in human performance. NORA emphasizes treatment modalities designed to optimize the frequently neglected visual-motor, visual-perceptual and visual information processing dysfunction in the neurologically affected person. There exists, within the profession of optometry, a group of concerned and highly trained professionals uniquely skilled and experienced in the technologies of neuro-optometric rehabilitation/habilitation of the persons affected. Integration of these unique Neuro-Optometric treatment modalities maximizes the potential of the rehabilitation team within a multidisciplinary approach"
WesternU NORA Club's Goals:
1. To facilitate the utilization/integration of each discipline's unique skills into an effective rehabilitation management team
2. To facilitate communication and understanding of the paradigms of care within each discipline.
3. To facilitate governmental and private third-party understanding of optimum, comprehensive integrated discipline team rehabilitation.
4. To facilitate public awareness and understanding of need for Neuro-Optometric rehabilitation services.
5. To serve physically and cognitively disabled persons and provide them with optimum visual rehabilitation.
6. To educate professionals including optometrists, educators, rehabilitation, and allied health professionals about Neuro-Optometric care.
7. To facilitate research regarding vision rehabilitation.
8. To develop inter and intra-professional networks that include Neuro-Optometric and vision rehabilitation services.
9. To make Neuro-Optometry a part of every multidisciplinary team treating individuals who suffer a traumatic brain injury"
This club is brand new at WesternU, so we hope you will be a part of it, whether you are in the optometry program, physical therapy program, osteopathy program, PA program, or even pharmacy program. Heck, even if you want to be an avant-garde veterinarian who offers neuro-rehab to your pets, you're welcome to join!
Please also join our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/412396622126823/
We have a lot planned for this year, and want to keep our members well engaged in this multi-disciplinary club!
(left to right)
NORA Board Liaison: Dr. Kristy Remick-Waltman
President: Jonathan Hall
Secretary: Jason Drobeck
Treasurer: Michael Chism
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Valerie Wren
The online membership form is available here: http://goo.gl/w3SUo