Miaomiao Wen (温苗苗)
mwen [at] andrew [dot] cmu [dot] edu
I am interested in computational sociolinguistics.
I got my B.S. degree in Machine Intelligence from Peking University in 2009. While there, I worked as a research assistant in Key Laboratory of Computational Linguistics (Peking Univ.), supervised by Prof. Yunfang Wu.
- Miaomiao Wen, Zeyu Zheng, Hyeju Jang, Guang Xiang, and Carolyn Rose. Extracting Events with Informal Temporal References in Personal Histories in Online Communities. ACL'13, 2013, fulltext (Please contact me for our dataset!)
- Miaomiao Wen and Carolyn Penstein Rosé, Understanding Participant Behavior Trajectories in Online Health Support Groups Using Automatic Extraction Methods, To appear in the ACM Conference on Supporting Group Work (Group)
- Elijah Mayfield, Miaomiao Wen, Mitch Golant, and Carolyn Penstein Rosé, Discovering Habits of Effective Online Support Group Chatrooms, To appear in the ACM Conference on Supporting Group Work (Group)
- Guang Xiang, Zeyu Zheng, Miaomiao Wen, Jason Hong and Carolyn Penstein Rosé , and Chao Liu. A Supervised Approach to Predict Company Acquisition with Factual and Topic Features Using Profiles and News Articles on TechCrunch. ICWSM'12 (short paper), 2012. Find more details and download our corpus
- Miaomiao Wen, Yunfang Wu. Mining the Sentiment Expectation of Nouns Using Bootstrapping Method. In IJCNLP 2011, pages XXX-XXX. (Oral Paper, fulltext)
Yunfang Wu, Miaomiao Wen. Disambiguating Dynamic Sentiment Ambiguous Adjectives. In COLING2010, pages 1191-1199. (Oral Paper, Acceptance Rate = 19%, fulltext)
Miaomiao Wen, Yunfang Wu. Feature-rich Prepositional Phrase Boundary Identification based on SVM. Journal of Chinese Information Processing, 2009, 23(5). (in Chinese)
- Miaomiao Wen, Miaomiao Wang, Keikichi Hirose, Nobuaki Minematsu. Prosody Conversion for Emotional Mandarin Speech Synthesis Using the Tone Nucleus Model. To appear in INTERSPEECH2011, pages XXX-XXX (fulltext).
- Miaomiao Wen, Miaomiao Wang, Keikichi Hirose, Nobuaki Minematsu. Improving Mandarin Segmental Duration Prediction with Automatically Extracted Syntactic Information. In INTERSPEECH2010, pages 2178-2181.(Among the Best Student Paper Shortlist, fulltext)
Miaomiao Wang, Miaomiao Wen, Keikichi Hirose, Nobuaki Minematsu. Improved Generation of Fundamental Frequency in HMM-based Speech Synthesis using Generation Process Model. In INTERSPEECH2010, pages 2166-2169.
- Miaomiao Wang, Miaomiao Wen, Keikichi Hirose, Nobuaki Minematsu. Improved Generation of Prosodic Features in HMM-based Speech Synthesis. In SSW7, pages 359-362.
- Miaomiao Wang, Miaomiao Wen, Keikichi Hirose, Nobuaki Minematsu. A Method for Modeling and Generating Mandarin Tone Contour with Phrase Intonation Based on the Generation Process Model. To be appear in ISCSLP2010. (Candidate for Best Student Paper Awards, fulltext)
I am a member of SynSIG in our lab - Special Interest Group on Speech Synthesis~
More About Me...
I'm interested in skin care and cosmetics:)
I enjoy (Iyengar) Yoga~
I love photos...I enjoy cooking, because food can not only be delicious but also be beautiful:)
See some of the dishes I made here~
My favourite websites about cooking (in Chinese)~