1. Description of the Contest: The Google Austin Mother's Day Contest (the “Contest”) is a skill-based contest where users submit reviews of Austin-based local businesses using Google Places and the entrant with the highest scoring review will win a prize, as further described within. Google will choose one winning Entry and the prize will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules.
2. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Google Inc. (“Google”), a Delaware corporation with principal place of business at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
3. Binding Agreement: In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to the terms and conditions on this page (the "Official Rules" or “Rules”). These Rules will form a legally binding agreement between Google and you with respect to this Contest, please read them carefully. You may not submit an Entry to the Contest and you will not be eligible for the prizes described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. You agree that submission of an Entry in the Contest constitutes your agreement to these Rules.
4. Eligibility: The Contest is open to all Texas residents currently residing in Travis, Williamson, Bastrop, or Hays counties who are over age 18 as of January 25, 2012. A valid Google Account is required to register for the Contest. Setting up a Google Account is free. By entering the Contest, you ("Entrants") also agree to participate in any Media Activity, as outlined in Section 11 below. Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders, as well as their immediate families, of Google Inc., its affiliates, and any representatives or agencies of Google or other persons professionally connected with the Contest are not eligible to participate. This Contest is void where prohibited.
5. Contest Period: The Contest begins at 8:00:00 P.M. Central Standard Time (CST) on May 2, 2012 and ends on May 13, 2012 at 11:59:59 P.M. Central Standard Time (CST). Users are responsible for determining the Entry times in their local time zone.
6. How To Enter: During the contest period, you must submit the form found at http://sites.google.com/site/welovemoms. You may submit the form at any time during the contest period and alert us that you’d like to participate. We will not begin judging until the end of the submission period.
Using your Google Account, you can review Austin businesses by visiting http://places.google.com/rate. Each review of an Austin business created by you after May 1, 2012 and before May 14, 2012, will be considered an eligible entry. You may submit as many reviews/enter as many times as you like.
All entries must comply with the Google Places terms, located at http://www.google.com/support/places/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176519.
7. Conduct: By entering the Contest, you agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules, which will also be posted on the Website. Failure to comply with these Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest. You further agree to comply with and be bound by the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Google reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be: (1) tampering or attempting to tamper with the Entry process, public voting round, or the operation of the Contest; (2) violating the Official Rules; (3) violating the terms of service, conditions of use or general rules or guidelines of any Google property or service; or (4) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by any Entrant concerning identity, postal address, ownership of right or non-compliance with the Rules may result in the immediate elimination of an Entrant from the Contest. Google further reserves the right to disqualify any Entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon any law or otherwise does not comply with these Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY PROPERTY OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, GOOGLE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Judging and Selection of Winner: Google will review all reviews submitted by users who opted-in to participate by emailing (as outlined in How to Enter). Each review will be judged against the following criteria:
- Originality - how creative or original is your review style?
- Capturing the spirit of the Place - how well do you describe the atmosphere of the establishment?
- Unique view points - do you bring unique or different view points?
- Writing style - how well written is your review?
A good review is usually at least three sentences long and discusses useful, unique, specific information about a particular business.
The grand prize will be awarded to the one Entrant whose reviews have the highest scores. Entrants agree that they may only rate places that they have been to and will be disqualified if Google determines that they have misrepresented themselves or fraudulently rated places that they have not actually been to.
A potential winner will be notified of their winning status via e-mail on or about May 20th, 2012. If a potential winner does not respond to the notification attempt within one (1) days from the first notification attempt, then such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received based on the judging criteria described herein. Except where prohibited by law, each potential winner may be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and provide any additional information that may be required by Sponsor. If required, potential winner must return all such required documents within one (1) days following attempted notification or such potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and another potential winner will be selected based on the judging criteria described herein. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Rules, will be strictly enforced. In the event there are not enough eligible entries, not all prizes will be awarded. If any winner is not able for whatever reason to accept their prize, then Google reserves the right to award the prize to another Entrant.
The one (1) entrant with the highest scoring reviews will be the grand prize winner. The grand prize winner will receive a $240 gift card to the Milk and Honey Spa, and a $50 gift card to the Moonshine Grill. Approximate retail value $290 USD.
Odds of winning any prize depends on the number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period and the skill of the Entrants. The winners will be notified on February 7th, 2012, and the prizes will be awarded thereafter. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prize is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Google reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. Value is subject to market conditions, which can fluctuate and any difference between actual market value and ARV will not be awarded. The prize may be subject to restrictions and/or licenses and may require additional hardware, software, service, or maintenance to use. The winner shall bear all responsibility for use of the prize in compliance with any conditions imposed by such manufacturer(s), and any additional costs associated with its use, service, or maintenance. Google has not made and Google is not responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the prize, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose, with the exception of any standard manufacturer's warranty that may apply to the prize or any components thereto.
10. TAXES: PAYMENTS TO POTENTIAL WINNER ARE SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THEY SUBMIT TO GOOGLE ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY GOOGLE TO PERMIT IT TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAX REPORTING AND WITHHOLDING REQUIREMENTS. ALL PRIZES WILL BE NET OF ANY TAXES GOOGLE IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO WITHHOLD, EXCEPT SALES TAXES. ALL TAXES, EXCEPT SALES TAXES, IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. In order to receive a prize, the potential winner must submit the tax documentation requested by Google or otherwise required by applicable law, to Google or the relevant tax authority, all as determined by applicable law, including, where relevant, the law of the potential winner’s country of residence. The potential winner is responsible for ensuring that (s)he complies with all the applicable tax laws and filing requirements. If a potential winner fails to provide such documentation or comply with such laws, the prize may be forfeited and Google may, in its sole discretion, select an alternative potential winner.
11. Media Activity: By participating in this Contest, you agree and hereby grant Google permission to use, copy, modify and make available your submissions to the public (with or without attribution to you) for any purpose, such as, but not limited to, press and media communications, without further compensation to you. You also agree to participate in any media or promotional activity regarding the Contest. If you are a winner, you agree that Google may use your name and likeness to administer and promote the Contest and to conduct media interviews and promotional events.
13. General Conditions: This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of Texas, United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Contest, you agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by Google’s decisions, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Return of any prize/prize notification may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any potential winner who cannot be contacted within seven (7) days of attempted first notification will forfeit his or her prize. Potential prize winners may be required to sign, notarize and return an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility, a Liability/Publicity Release and provide any additional information that may be required by Google. Failure to comply within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Google is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prizes. Each Entrant agrees not to participate in the Contest in any manner that might (1) infringe any third-party proprietary, intellectual property, industrial property, personal rights or other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, rights of publicity or confidentiality obligation; (2) include anything which promotes or exhibits lewd, violent or inappropriate content as defined in Section 7; or (3) otherwise violate applicable law in any countries in the world.
14. No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and you expressly waive any and all such rights.
15. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU INDEMNIFY AND AGREE TO KEEP INDEMNIFIED GOOGLE AT ALL TIMES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES RESULTING FROM ANY ACT, DEFAULT OR OMISSION BY YOU AND/OR A BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY BY YOU SET FORTH HEREIN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU INDEMNIFY AND AGREE TO KEEP INDEMNIFIED GOOGLE AT ALL TIMES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY, ACTIONS, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES FOR OR IN RESPECT OF WHICH GOOGLE WILL OR MAY BECOME LIABLE BY REASON OF OR RELATED OR INCIDENTAL TO ANY ACT, DEFAULT OR OMISSION BY YOU UNDER THESE RULES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION RESULTING FROM OR IN RELATION TO ANY BREACH, NON-OBSERVANCE, ACT OR OMISSION WHETHER NEGLIGENT OR OTHERWISE, PURSUANT TO THESE RULES BY YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU AGREE TO HOLD GOOGLE, ITS RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND ASSIGNS HARMLESS FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE CAUSED OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED BY PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND/OR USE OR ACCEPTANCE OF ANY PRIZE WON.
16. Third Parties: Google is not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, that might prevent you from entering, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this Contest.
17. Internet: Google is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission. Google is not responsible for theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of Entry, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind. Google is not responsible for inaccurate transmissions of or failure to display Entry on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Google reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
18. Severability: If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
19. Winner List: The names of the winners may be posted on the Google Austin Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/googleatx) within one month of the contest end date.
© 2012. All rights reserved. Google and the Google logo are trademarks of Google Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.