The original Memorial Village Hall (1924 to 2000) was a converted World War 1 army hospital hut made from corrugated iron/steel: see pictures below.
In November 1999 the then Hall committee applied to the National Lottery fund for a grant to build a new Hall. The bid was successful and after a lot of hard work and the support of several other grant organisations (listed below) the new Hall was opened in November 2001. The project team was led by Neville Shorrick, supported by Norman Rose, John Jacobs, Alan Wood and Peter Male. The architect was Robert Bridge. Other grants were obtained from: Awards for All England, The Bernard Sunley Charitable Foundation, The Carnegie UK Trust, The Charles Hayward Foundation, The Eveson Charitable Trust, The Garfield Weston Foundation, Herefordshire Council, Herefordshire Partnership.