Pune is surrounded by lots of dams - Khadakwasla, Panshet, Varasgaon, Temghar, Mulshi, Pavana, Bhatghar are the big ones to be named. Amongst all, Mulshi and Pavna dam is more picturesque.
Trip to Mulshi - Tamhini is definitely on everyone's mind especially during the monsoon. However, this place can be visited in any season.
- Monsoon - to enjoy the waterfalls
- Post monsoon - Karvi flowers are bloomed all over the place,
- Winter - to experience the fog in the ghat section,
- Spring, early summer - for the wild berries
- Peak summer - to escape from the hot summer and head on to the konkan beaches via Tamhini ghat
Hotel Quick Byte on Pune - Mulshi - Tamhini road at Green Gate Resorts
- Girivan Valley View (Paud - Kolvan Road) - farmhouse project from renowned Marathi actor Vikram Gokhale where bungalows are given on rent for the groups. Veg. / Non-Veg restaurant, play area and other activities are available. Booking - (020 ) 65002579/80, 9922930750
- Maval Shrushti (Paud - Mulashi Road) - A 20 acre mountain paradise offering you - Well furnished cottages, Excellent Maharashtrian cuisine, Swimming pool and play areas, Numerous walkways through the foliage, Lawns, gardens and trees all around, Peace and Tranquility
- Malhar Machi - A Mountain Resort situated at about 40 kms from Pune overlooking Mulshi Lake and surrounding hills. 20 rooms / cottages, swiming pool, pool side restaurant, spa etc.
- Manas Resorts (Paud Road, Bhugaon) - For One day picnic
Sai Holiday Resort - at post Uravade, Pirangut - Mutha Road
- Gauri Resort - Paud Mulshi Road
- Deshpande Farms, Mulshi - For Family/Group picnics and parties. veg-Non Veg Restaurant. Swimming Pool, Cottages, Dance Floor, Indoor games
- Green Gate Resort, Mulshi: Green Gate Resort is located at Dhokalwadi, 7 Km from Mulshi bus stand and is located on the banks of Mulshi Lake. There are total 12 rooms (Single Non A/C: 3, Double Non A/C: 4, Deluxe A/C: 1, Suites A/C: 1, Non A/C: 3) at Green Gate Resort, equipped with basic amenities. Pure veg restaurant, play area.
For booking - Green Gate Resort, 426/6 Nilesh Apt, Gokhale Cross Road, Pune-16. Phone: 020-25655555, Fax: 020-24263333.
- KARE (Kerala Ayurvedic Research & Rejuvenation establishment) Ayurveda Spa Retreat at Mulshi - 22 well appointed cottages on 30 acre hills overlooking Mulshi lake. Spa treatments available.
Lake Residency Resort, Mulshi - A complex of 12 cottages in the scenic locales of Mulshi Lake. Ample recreational facilities for children coupled with good food arrangement make this a perfect weekend getaway. This resort is from Brahma group who runs Residency Club in Pune.
For Booking Contact - 3 Queens, Near Inox Theater, Bund Garden Rd, Bund Garden Road, Pune - 411001
+(91)-(20)-26362222, 26362888, 26362228, +(91)-9890565208
- Mulshi Dam & Lake -
Located 40 km from Pune, Mulshi Dam is an ideal picnic spot surrounded by natural beauties including Sahyadri's hills, deep forests and forts and mountain ranges such as Ratnagiri, Dhangad and Koraigadh. This is west of Pune closer to Lonavala.Mulshi Lake is formed by the backwater of the Mulshi Dam. This major dam is on the Mula river. Mula river is originates at the Mulshi Dam and meets mutha river at the sangam (near Bund garden) after passing through the Pune city via Hinjewadi (bridge on NH4), Aundh (Rajeev Gandhi bridge), Holkar Bridge etc.Water from the dam is used for irrigation as well as for producing electricity at the Bhira hydroelectric power plant, operated by Tata Power Company LTD. The station operates 6 x 25 MW turbines and was established in 1927. It mostly supplies uninterrupted power to Mumbai region.
- Pandurang Sai Temple at Hadshi
This temple was built by Mr. Jadhav and was inaugurated by Satya Sai baba of Putparthi Ashram. It is situated on a hillock on Paud - Kolvan - Lonavala road opposite to Girivan. Temple is open from 10 am to 7 PM. Till Paud village, you can reach by public transport. From here, you will have to take share auto or jeep ride to reach the temple.
- Palse Waterfall
It is one of the famous cascading water fall ahead of Mulshi village on your left. You can make out this place from the # of cars / bikes parked outside on the main road and few tea / snacks stalls. Waterfall is seasonal and there is lots of rush during the weekends. Weekdays should be relatively less crowded except for the young who may bunk their colleges and head to the Mulshi-Tamhini to enjoy the monsoon. This waterfall is huge, relatively safe and no casualties reported so far.
- Vinzai Devi Mandir at village Tamhini -
Vinzai Devi (Goddess Durga) is known to be the kulswamini for many CKPs. This place is situated near Tamhini village 450 mtr above sea level in the thick lush green forest with a stream flowing by. Visited by many devotees / followers from Mumbai and Pune. There is a bhaktanivas available from the temple trust if anyone wish to stay here.Signboard towards Temple is visible from the main road couple of KMs after the Mulshi backwater ends.