|JOB OPENINGS |
Work-Based Learning Instructor FT/PT (Anticipated) EASTERN SUFFOLK BOCES
(FTE Based on Enrollment)
ASSIGNMENT: Career & Technical Education
- NYS Teacher Certification with Coordinator of Work-Based Learning Programs for Career Development Extension
- Career & Technical Education background preferred
- 1-3 years teaching experience preferred
SALARY: As per contract
START DATE: As soon as possible
APPLY TO: Send job specific cover letter and resume to:
DEADLINE DATE: October 14, 2016
POSTED DATE: September 30, 2016
There is a current wbl coordinator job opening listed at OLAS.
Work-based Learning Coordinator-Career Development
Job ID: NABN0099320-0000 NASSAU BOCES
We are looking for a certified WBL Coordinator who is outgoing, creative, detailed oriented, able to multi-task, skilled with technology who can organize and supervise quality Work-based Learning Programs and other career events. This individual should possess the skills and knowledge to:
- Coordinate NYS registered work-based learning programs using proper procedures, forms and assessments.
- Network with local businesses for purposes of student placement and curriculum development.
- Teach related instruction employability skills.
- Oversee training site’s safety regulations and labor laws for NYS minors.
- Coordinate an industry advisory board.
- Plan career-related events such as career fairs, employment days, guest speakers, field trips.
- Counsel students in making choices of current and future career opportunities.
- Share career and corporate intelligence with staff and students
This individual may also possess the following skills which are preferred but not required:
- Internship placement experience
- Knowledge of the new CDOS Commencement Credential
- Knowledge and application of technology for communications with employers, students and staff
- Knowledge of the competitive, global workforce requirements
- Experience with district business departments, internship programs, and/or career programs
Application Deadline: 09/22/2016