This weeks challenge is to take a look at Google Docs and learn a little about all the cool applications it has for educators. For this challenge, we will all collaborate on the same document.
Congratulations to Marsha Audette for winning this week's Web 2.0 Wednesday Challenge!
1. Watch the video on using Google Docs.
2. Send me an e-mail mailto:email@example.com
saying that you would like to participate in this challenge.
3. I will then send you an invite to collaborate on our shared document.
4. Open the link provided. (You may have to sign in to your Google Account)
5. Add a quick message describing your favorite teacher and explaining why they were your favorite. Be sure to also include your name. No need for an elaborate essay. Try to keep your message under 140 characters.
6. That's it! Your done with the challenge for this week.
7. If you would like, you can hit the (Share button and invite others to join in the collaboration.)
Follow along with the growing document here.
On Sept. 24, I will put the names of all of the people who have participated into a drawing for another fun prize.
Google Docs Help Sheet
Google Docs in the Classroom
Google Docs Help
Teach Collaborative Revision with Google Docs
Google Docs Preso
Google Docs Templates
Collaborative Project Idea Using Google Docs. (My class participate in this project last year.)
Here's what you can do with documents: