SCOPE OF TUTORIAL PROPOSALS
We cordially invite you to submit your tutorial proposal to the 2nd ACM SIGHIT International Health Informatics Symposium (IHI 2012).
Tutorials at IHI 2012 will be presented by domain experts to cover current topics directly relevant to the conference theme of computing-oriented health informatics (a list of IHI areas/topics can be found in the Call for Papers). Proposed tutorials should be comprehensive, informative, and appealing to IHI 2012 attendees.
Each tutorial will be 120-minutes long. Tutorial instructors must make a commitment to prepare the tutorial materials (e.g., slides) that reflect the high quality standard of IHI.
Tutorials will be free to all IHI 2012 attendees, and tutorial instructors will receive free registration but not any financial aid from the conference.
All tutorials will be featured prominently in the conference program.
Each tutorial proposal should have two parts:
- Part 1: A 1-page extended abstract that includes: the title of the tutorial, the name and affiliation of the instructor(s), a description of the tutorial scope, the intended audience, and what new knowledge and perspectives the audience will gain by attending the tutorial, and a short biography of the instructor(s). This extended abstract will appear in the conference proceedings.
- Part 2: A full tutorial proposal that is at most 4 pages long and includes:
a. A description of the main topics to be covered during the tutorial;
b. Targeted audience and aims/objectives;
c. If relevant, a description of real-world systems, experiences, and/or case studies to be discussed;
d. More information on the instructor (e.g., biography/awards/home page);
e. Any other information (e.g., previous tutorials given) that will assist the PC Co-Chairs and Conference Leadership to adequately review the tutorial proposal.
All aspects of the submission and notification process will be handled electronically. Submissions must adhere to the following formatting instructions:
- Submissions must adhere to the ACM Proceedings Format available for LaTex, WordPerfect, WordPerfect 9, and Word. Changing the template's font size, margins, inter-column spacing, or line spacing is prohibited. Each tutorial proposal must be submitted as a single PDF file, formatted for 8.5" x 11" paper.
- Submissions should not list keywords, general terms, and categories and subject descriptions. In addition, submissions should not have the copyright notice located at the bottom of the left column of the first page of the ACM Proceedings template.
- Each accepted tutorial will appear in the conference proceedings as a 1-page extended abstract.
Tutorial proposals will be reviewed by the PC Co-Chairs and the Conference Leadership, based on the IHI attendees’ likely interest in them, the breadth and depth of the topic(s), the planned materials to be used, and the expertise and credential of the instructor.
- Tutorial proposal submission deadline: June 30, 2011 11:59pm EST
- Notification of acceptance: September 1, 2011 11:59pm EST
- Camera-ready copy due: October 5, 2011 11:59pm EST