We cordially invite you to submit your panel proposal to the 2nd ACM SIGHIT International Health Informatics Symposium (IHI 2012).
Panel proposals are expected to address new, exciting, and controversial issues on computing-oriented health informatics and appeal to IHI 2012 attendees with various health informatics-related expertise. The proposed panel should be provocative, insightful, and informative. A mix of industry, government, and academic panel members is encouraged.
A panel typically includes approximately 4 panelists and a chair who serves as the moderator. The 90-minute panel should provide a balance between panelists’ presentations/debate and audience interactions/discussions.
Panelists must make a commitment to participate. If for any reason, one panelist cannot attend the panel, the panel chair must first obtain the approval of the conference general/PC chairs before making another arrangement.
Panels will be featured prominently in the conference program.
Each panel proposal should have two parts:
• Part 1: A 1-page extended abstract that includes: the title of the panel, the names and affiliations of the panelists and the chair, a description of the topic and what insights the audience will gain by attending the panel, and short biographies of the panelists. This extended abstract will appear in the conference proceedings.
• Part 2: A session proposal that is at most 4 pages long and includes:
a. The main topics to be discussed/debated during the panel session;
b. A description of the presentation of each panelist;
c. The panel format with an emphasis on how interactivity will be integrated into the panel (e.g., question and answer session; voting);
d. More information on the panelists and the chair (e.g., biographies/awards/home page);
e. Any other information that will assist the PC Co-Chairs and Conference Leadership to adequately review the panel proposal.
All aspects of the submission and notification process will be handled electronically. Submissions must adhere to the following formatting instructions:
- Submissions must adhere to the ACM Proceedings Format available for LaTex, WordPerfect, WordPerfect 9, and Word. Changing the template's font size, margins, inter-column spacing, or line spacing is prohibited. Each panel proposal must be submitted as a single PDF file, formatted for 8.5" x 11" paper.
- Submissions should not list keywords, general terms, and categories and subject descriptions. In addition, submissions should not have the copyright notice located at the bottom of the left column of the first page of the ACM Proceedings template.
- Each accepted panel will appear in the conference proceedings as a 1-page extended abstract.
Panel proposals will be reviewed by the PC Co-Chairs and the Conference Leadership, based on the IHI attendees’ likely interest in them, the expertise of the chairs and the panelists, and the planned interactivity.
- Panel proposal submission deadline: June 30, 2011 11:59pm EST
- Notification of acceptance: September 1, 2011 11:59pm EST
- Camera-ready copy due: October 5, 2011 11:59pm EST