Tequila Jalapeño Shrimp from We are not Martha
• 1 jalapeno, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 T mint
• 1/2 C tequila
• 1/4 C orange juice
• Juice of 2 limes
• 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined (I left the tails on)
1) In your food processor, combine the jalapeño, garlic, and mint and process until minced. Then add in tequila, orange juice, and lime juice and pulse to combine.
2) Thread about 4 peeled and deveined shrimp onto a skewer. Repeat for all the shrimp. I got about 15 skewers. Place the skewers in a baking dish.
3) Pour the tequila jalapeño marinade over them. Sprinkle on some pepper, too, if you desire.
4) Let the skewers marinade in the fridge for about 40 minutes.
5) Put the shrimp on the barbecue and grill until just cooked through and pink. Use a grill pan or regular pan if you don't want to grill.
(serves about 6 as an appetizer)