Raspberry, Mango, and Ginger Muffins by We are not Martha
Makes 12 muffins
• 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
• 3/4 cups sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup low fat milk
• 1/3 cup cinnamon apple sauce
• 2 large eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 cups fresh raspberries, coarsely chopped
• 6 dried mango slices, roughly chopped
• 3 tablespoons finely chopped candied ginger
• 2 tablespoons raw sugar for topping, optional
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.3) In a measuring cup or bowl, whisk the milk with the oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Slowly begin folding the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until combined without over-mixing.
4) Fold in the raspberries, mango, and ginger.
5) Slowly pour or spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins and top with raw sugar.
6) Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick runs clear and transfer to a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes.