Lucky Charms Ice Cream from We are not Martha
1) Combine 1 C milk with 1 C Lucky Charms. Stir and put in fridge for about 30 minutes to let the flavors meld. Strain the milk out of the cereal and into a medium saucepan.
2) Heat the milk and sugar over medium heat. Stir constantly, until the mixture just reaches the point of simmer. Then remove from heat.
3) While you're heating your milk, lightly whisk the egg yolks in a separate medium bowl. And pour about half of the warm milk into the egg yolks, whisking all the time. Then pour the egg/milk mixture back into the pan with the rest of the milk.
4) With the heat on low, continue whisking until mixture thickens up and coats the back of your spoon. Keep stirring and keep your eye on it because you don't want it to thicken too much and start getting clumpy. Remove from heat.
5) Prepare an ice bath. Pour heavy cream into a medium bowl and set the bowl in the ice bath. Strain the egg/milk mixture into the heavy cream, continuing to whisk. Cover with plastic wrap and move to fridge for about 4 hours (or overnight).
6) Prepare marshmallow fluff.
7) When the mixture is chilled, mix it in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer's direction
8) When the ice cream is almost done, add about 1 1/2 C of marshmallow fluff and 1 C of Lucky Charms marshmallows.
9) Transfer ice cream to airtight containers and put in the freezer for a few more hours until it's at the consistency of your liking.
(makes 2 pints of ice cream)