Chicken Kebabs with Pomegranate Relish and Tahini Yogurt from We are not Martha
Baharat Seasoning (makes about 1/4 C):
• 1 1/2 T mint
Mash all the spices together in a small bowl. You can make this a week ahead of time as long as you cover and chill.
• 1 1/4 C pomegranate seeds
Mix all the ingredients in a medium bowl and season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. You can make this up to 2 hours in advance if you want. Serve it at room temperature.
• 3 1/2 T fresh lemon juice
Combine lemon juice, Baharat seasoning, and garlic in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Let stand for about 5 minutes and then whisk in yogurt and tahini. Season with salt to taste. You can make this up to 2 hours in advance. Serve at room temperature.
Chicken Kebabs (Serves 4):
• 1/2 C coarsely grated onion
1. Whisk the onion, lemon juice, olive oil, and Baharat seasoning in a bowl. Add the chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and marinate for 1-2 hours.
2. Pre-heat your broiler. Put 6 pieces of chicken on each skewer, place on a rimmed baking sheet, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil the chicken until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes per side.
3. Serve chicken kabobs over a warm pita topped with pomegranate relish and tahini yogurt.