We hope that you will join us this Sunday
Nursery care available.
Sunday School (all ages): 10:00 a.m.
Worship: 11:00 a.m.
***Summer Worship Schedule- 10am/No Sunday School starting on May 31st
During our Sunday worship, we:
· seek to blend together not just worship and music styles but generations as well. Our children and youth are very active in the worship service serving as acolytes, liturgists, greeters, ushers, musicians, liturgical designers and Wuppeteers (our puppet troupe which performs once a month). The Time with Our Children is an opportunity for children and adults alike to learn more about the scripture or theme of worship. Our music director, chancel choir, handbell choir and praise band bring a plethora of style and talent to our worship – organ, keyboard, piano, guitar, drums, bass, tambourine, rain sticks, violin, mandolin and banjo as well as outstanding vocals are an ongoing part of worship.
· enjoy the community at Waverly through the passing of the peace during worship and the sharing of joys and concerns as well as the opportunity to socialize together after worship at our weekly coffee hour.
· celebrate key events in the lives of our congregants through baptisms, confirmations, ordinations, commissioning and installations of our members and elected leaders. We also celebrate “Special Occasion Sunday” in which we lift up birthdays and anniversaries of our members.
· encourage all worshipers to participate in the service through serving as liturgists, song-leaders, musicians and speakers.
· appreciate a preaching style that encompasses story-telling, humor, and a way of relating our Biblical and denominational heritage to contemporary life.
· encourage the Worship and Music Committee, along with the Pastor and Student Pastor, to continue to challenge us with new ways to worship our Creator.