The following is a list of Retreat Rules & Regulations (from 2011 Vesak Day retreat). Retreat Rules & Regulations are necessary to ensure a conducive atmosphere for meditation throughout the retreat. We therefore request the compliance of all participants.
- No smoking or consumption/possession of alcoholic drinks or illegal drugs.
- No trespassing of designated sleeping areas at any time.
- Keep the premises, e.g., bathrooms, classrooms, etc., clean at all times.
- Observe Noble Silence except at Q & A sessions.
- Please practice in accordance with the instructions.
- No distribution of pamphlets, CD’s, books, etc., without the approval of the organiser.
- Be punctual in all activities, e.g., meals, lecture, Dhamma talks, Q & A’s, etc.
- The organiser is not responsible for the theft or loss of any valuables that have been brought
- into this retreat.
- Clothing should be comfortable to allow easy movement of the body and limbs but not
- revealing. It is recommended that a round neck or collar shirt with sleeves, and ¾ length or
- long pants be worn at all times.
- All handphones and pagers are to remain switched off during this retreat.
- Do not play any CDs, cassettes, etc., at any time during this retreat.
- Be mindful in all activities: walking, eating, brushing your teeth, washing, etc.
- Inform the retreat administrator if you are not feeling well.
- Ensure that your medications are taken as normal.
- Do not leave the retreat without valid reasons and without informing the retreat
- All stores issued must be handled with care.
- All stores are to be returned to the retreat administrator upon the end of the retreat.
- There must not be any mention of sensitive topics such as race, religion or politics.