This website is a resource to inform undocumented students (and their supporters) about the resources available to go to college in Washington State.

We've gathered materials created by organizations both in Washington and in other states. In cases where something you are not sure about what a word means, feel free to check our terms page, to learn more. If it's not there, let us know.

Some of the documents were created and refer to laws in other states, but the general barriers faced by undocumented students and support you can provide are similar, which is why we included those.

* * Important News * *

State Financial Aid For DREAMers

A new state law has expanded eligibility for the Washington State Need Grant to low-income, non-citizen students who meet the program’s eligibility requirements and satisfy the residency criteria below:

  • Have graduated from a Washington high school or obtained a GED® (or will do so before beginning college).
  • Have lived in Washington for three years prior to, and continuously since, earning the high school diploma or equivalent.
  • Sign an affidavit (written promise) to file an application to become a permanent resident of the United States when eligible to apply.
Find out more by visiting

Hispanic Scholarship Fund now open to DREAMers

The Hispanic Scholarship Fund announced on 11/26/2013 that effective immediately, students with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status are eligible to apply for an HSF General Scholarship at www.HSF.net. The application deadline is December 15th, 2013.
See more at:

What is H.B. 1079?

On May 7th, 2003, Governor Gary Locke signed House Bill 1079. This allowed undocumented students to pay in-state tuition at state colleges and universities beginning July 1, 2003. House Bill 1079 was introduced by Representative Phyllis Gutierrez-Kenney (D-Seattle). To qualify, students must complete this affidavit/declaration/certification if they are not permanent residents or citizens of the United States but have met the following conditions:

  • Resided in Washington State for the three (3) years immediately prior to receiving a high school diploma, and completed the full senior year at a Washington high school, or
  • Completed the equivalent of a high school diploma and resided in Washington State for the three (3) years immediately before receiving the equivalent of the diploma, and
  • Continuously resided in the State since earning the high school diploma or its equivalent.
You can find the affidavit below.