App for this activity:
Postpad Lite: Free
Step One: Design the purpose of this postcard.
Step Two: Capturing an image for your postcard.
- Are you writing as yourself or someone else?
- Who are you writing to?
- Where are you writing from? Location? Time Period?
Step Three: Create your postcard in the app.
- Open a web browser app and search for an appropriate image for the purpose of your postcard.
- To save an image: Hold your finger down on the image until it gives you the option to save it in your camera roll.
- If you are writing as yourself, you could use the camera app to take a picture.
Step Four: Email it to email@example.com
Step Five: How do you think this activity could work in your classroom?
App for this Activity
Sonic Pics Lite: Free
6 Word Memoir
Step One: Choose One Theme for your Memoir
Step Two: Create a six word memoir based on the theme.
Example: My theme is work. My statement is " Beyond work, seeing kids being creative"
Step Three: Save three images to match your memoir.
Step Four: Build your memoir in the app.
What other activities could be achieved with this app?
Challenge: Create a Paper Slide Video that explains a difficult concept through the use of graphics and narration.
A video to help explain the concept:
This challenge will be done in groups of four. Each group will receive a kit that includes paper, markers, and a storyboard for planning.
Apps in this challenge:
The Group's Responsibilities are:
- To agree on one concept to cover in your video.
- To create the paper slides to explain the concept.
- To create the narration that makes the concept easy to understand.
- One Take: You only get one shot at recording. You should create a plan (storyboard) and practice!
- Non Stop Video: Once the camera starts, it doesn't stop! This just means the students need to be well-rehearsed!
- No Editing: Part of this quick process is due to the "no editing" rule. No trimming, no adding fancy titles or transitions.
- Quick Publishing: On the iPad from the camera roll, you can email, message, or post the video to YouTube.