Assistant Professor, Ph.D., Dean Assistant, Associate Department Chair
School of Computer Science and Technology, Nanjing Tech University, China
Address: 30 Puzhu Road, Pukou District, Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province, Chiina
E-mail: XiliWan@njtech.edu.cn; XIliWan@umkc.edu
I am an Assistant Professor of Computer Science in the School of Computer Science and Tehnology at Nanjing Tech University, Jiangsu Provinice, China. Before joining Nanjing Tech University, I was a researcher in Futurewei (Huawei USA Research Center) at Santa Clara, CA. I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science from University of Missouri-Kansas City. I also interned and NTT Service Intergration Lab at Tokyo, Japan.
I was the co-founder of a startup company focusing on Smart IoT which received an angle funding.
My research lies in the broad field of wired and wireless networks, focusing on optimizations driven networking design and algorithms. Currently, I focus on algorithmic design on Bigdata and machine learning.
- NSFC (Natural Science Foundation of China) grant for research on Reliability Design for Roadside Sensor Networks (PI), 2017-2019
- NSF-JS (Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province of China) grant for research on Lifetime Optimization for Roadside Sensor Networks (PI), 2016-2019
- Industry Funds for research on Artifical Intelligence .
- Startup Fund for Introducing Talent of Nanjing Tech University
- First GENI Summer Camp Award
- Travel Grants from University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Fall 2016: CS Distributed Computing and Cloud Computing (Undergraduate)
- Fall 2016: CS Cloud Computing (Graduate)
- Spring 2017, 2018: CS Introduction to Data Science
- Fall 2018: CS Operating System
I am currently recruiting highly self-motivated master students in Computer Science, with solid backgrounds on mathmatics, algorithms and programming. If you are interested, contact me by emails.