August 2012 - the following Freedom of Information requests have been made
To Michael Gove:
Dear Mr Gove,
1. Can you tell me what instructions you have given to Department of Education officials with respect to the design of the website and the information it contains.
2. Has it been your intention to make it more difficult for members of the public to use the site for obtaining general information, unrelated to the academies programme.
3. Can you give me the link to information on how to make a Freedom of Information request - the link to the form seems to have disappeared from the site.
4. In the absence of my ability to make a request through the normal channels I would be grateful if you would provide me with the following information:
I am requesting information on the total amount of money which Wandsworth Council have allocated to the Bolingbroke Academy, what is to be paid and what has already been paid and a break down of what those payments were for.
I understand that additional funding has been found because the building works were behind schedule. Is Wandsworth Council supplying this additional funding?
I understand that the building work for conversion of the Bolingbroke building to a school is running behind schedule and that extra costs have been incurred in order to try to meet the scheduled opening time.
I can find no information on the Bolingbroke Academy website about opening dates and am, therefore, requesting the following information.
1. What was the proposed date of the first school day for pupils.
2. Is that still the proposed date for the first school day for pupils.
3. Is the building work on schedule?
4. Is the building work on budget - what was the original budgeted cost and completion date?
5. If the building work had exceeded its budget, by how much and who is paying.
WSOS believes that the following admissions policy would be fairer to all:
CONSULTATION ON BOLINGBROKE ADMISSIONS
According to an article in the Evening Standard the admissions criteria for the Bolingbroke have been changed to include Falconbrook students. This has now been confirmed by ARK but, given the deprivation figures for the schools and the proportion of children selected from each feeder school, there is still an unfair method of admissions.
SURPLUS PLACES DATE - SOURCE WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
DEPRIVATION FIGURES FOR WANDSWORTH PRIMARY SCHOOLS - SOURCE GOVERNMENT
GMB PRESS RELEASE
Average Household incomes
Bolingbroke Area: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y1tYrehjxoo9vfOmkOLav-n98s5FzHFinPLQOiIwnmg/edit?hl=en#
EXAM RESULTS - DCSF
Wandsworth (unconfirmed 2010): https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B84DxOG0skOgNDM4MjRkMTItYTYxNy00MjBmLWE1MjAtMDdkYmJlNDRhODIx&hl=en
MAP OF ALL STATE FUNDED SCHOOLS IN WANDSWORTH
Secondary Schools: green = faith; yellow = secular; Primary: purple = faith; pink = secular
"Free" Schools >