After receiving his Bachelor of Music Education from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire in 1992, he worked as a musician for various cruise ship companies based in Miami, FL. He went on to obtain his Masters Degree in Music Education from UW-River Falls in 2002. He is currently an Instrumental Music Instructor for Stillwater Area Schools, Stillwater MN.
He is currently a member of the the JAZZAX Saxophone quartet. The JAZZAX Saxophone Quartet specializes in performing music that features improvisation, always creating spontaneous and engaging live performances.
Michael is on the faculty of the SHELL LAKE ARTS CENTER. Michael teaches saxophone, jazz improvisation, and directs ensembles at the summer Jazz Ensemble Camps. He has been on the SLAC Jazz Faculty since 1991.
• Theories on teaching/learning Jazz Improvisation.
• Click to view transcribed solos of Coltrane, Bergonzi, and Gordon.
• Compositions for Big Band and Jazz Saxophone Quartet at www.ReallyGoodMusic.com
• Member of JAZZAX SAX QUARTET.
• Instrumental Music Instructor for Stillwater (MN) Area Schools since 2000.
• Michael Plays a Selmer Mark VI Alto, Mark VI Tenor, and a Yamaha 62 Soprano