October 18, 2012 - Graphing
Student objective is to use Excel to make a data table, find the average time, and then graph distance vs. time.
Today we will be working in Excel. We will be creating a line graph using the data we have collected.
1. Open Excel in Microsoft Office
2. Enter your data
3. After you enter your times (5 of them), make another column and name it average. Leave the cells empty. Highlight a row of times into the average column. Click on SUM (average). a number will appear in the average cell. Do this for each row.
4. Once all the data is entered you will insert a line graph. When you create your graph it is important to be sure the distance is on the vertical axis and the average time on the horizontal axis. Be sure to label them "distance" and "average time".
5. Add the data for each axis.
6. Include your name outside the graph.
7. Print your graph.
Six Kingdoms Project
This project is designed to help you learn about the six different kingdoms used to classify organisms, and understand the unique characteristics of each kingdom. You will have 3 days to research, organize, and construct your project. The project is due at the beginning of class on Friday, May 11, 2012.
There are six categories of information you should include about each kingdom:
You must have at least 3 resources and you must include a reference sheet
Here is a short video on the Six Kingdoms: