Abhishek Venkatesh (email@example.com)
This project demonstrates the use of opengl model view transformations , projection, camera , texture mapping, fast rendering of large triangle meshes, animation, Minkowski Morphing, twisting deformation, picking using Z-buffer, shadows, lighting. The user interface is basic but within minutes we can create complex hierarchy of mobiles hanging as show in the accompanying image. The created scence can be saved and loaded.
See Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9_PKaS5NJY
Download VC++ Source Code:GL-Hanging.zip
2D Fluid Simulation based on Delaunay Triangulation
video: http://www.youtube.com/v/j3jQ9vbDP3A reduced quality and frame rate)
VC++ code: FluidSimulation.zip
Inexpensive 6 degree of freedom input device.
Technical Paper comming shortly(email me)
Application: easy and fast creation of 3D
1) Identify All Loops in a user drawn curve
This a Opengl based 2 player, 3d ping pong game built on Ubuntu. Each player controls his shot using a Nintendo wiimote. The real-time readings of the accelerometers is also displayed in red and blue(as shown in the screen shot). libwiimote is used for accessing the wiimotes from Ubuntu.
Download code ( C code + opengl):Wii_table_tennis.zip
1) Intersection of line segment with
2) Intersection of triangle with a triangle
3) Calculate the union, intersection and
The problem seems trivial but it can get complicated for boundary conditions.
Link to Applet
1) Multi-Corification: The game had the following three sub components: Collision Detection, Creating the enemy fighter jets and updating their position and the last is to show the explosion when a collision occurs. All these were being done by the main thread. I have created separate threads for each of them and set the processor affinity to use different cores on the Xbox. Some data was being shared between these components. I have added a simple locks to ensure the threads access the data structures sequentially to ensure integrity.2) Shader: I have taken the basic shader code from http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb313868.aspx and added it to the game. The shader is applied to the background and clouds to give a wavy\rippple effect.
Download Source Code: F14XNA-MultiCore+Shader.zip
Please note: This game was not written by me. I have just added threads, locks and a shader effect for fun and of-course for the following assignment :http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~lanterma/mpg/hw/ece4893hw4.html.
The original game is available at http://aroganworld.blogspot.com/2006/09/f14-xna-game.html
ICP is the standard algorithm to align 3d volumes. I searched all over the internet but could not find a working C++ example of ICP in vtk. So I decided to port the tcl example to C++. It is trivial to port once you figure out the tcl code, but there are many who do not want to learn tcl and want to stick to C++. The complete VC++ project can be downloaded below.
I have oriented the cylinders in a different position than that in
Download VC++ code for ICP using vtk vtkICPCxx.zip
Sept 21th, 2007
Face detection and recognition
As an example of new way of human interacting with the computer, a user can control the rotation of a virtual wheel (red black wheel on the UI screen shot) by simply looking into the webcam and changing his angle of eyes with respect to the horizontal.
In recent years the resolution of
Image processing is the art and
This is an 2 player 3-D game