Vasilis Sourlas was born in Athens, Greece, in 1980.
He received his Diploma degree from the Computer Engineering and Informatics Department, University of Patras, Greece, in 2004 and the M.Sc. degree in Computer Science and Engineering from the same department in 2006. In 2013 he received his PhD from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Thessaly (Volos), Greece. In Jan. 2015 he joined the Electronic and Electrical Engineering Department, UCL, London to pursue his two years Marie Curie IEF fellowship (INTENT). Since Oct. 2017 he is with the ISENSE-ICCS research institute in NTUA, Athens.
His main interests are in the area of Information-Centric Networks and Future Internet.
- Resource allocation and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Information-Centric Networking (ICN)
- Network Management
- Traffic Engineering and mobility support in ICNs
- Replication and in-network cache management in ICN.
- Intelligent Transport Systems
- Security Communications (Public Safety, SaR, IoT)