Reunion Dinner and Dance Party
The VNHS Class of 1988 30-Year Reunion will be:
- Saturday, June 9, 2018, 6pm-11pm
- Sportsmen's Lodge Hotel in Studio City (newly renovated!)
Members of the VNHS Class of 1987 and 1989 are also invited to the reunion! We miss you, too!
Ticket Prices (includes dancing, buffet dinner, dessert, coffee/tea, photo booth, and parking if available.* Cash bar - tip your bartender!):
The party is in the Sportsmen's Lodge Hotel Garden Area (NOT the Event Center). The hotel has been significantly upgraded - there is a tent over the dinner and dance area, a "secret garden," and a "fire pit lounge." See photos HERE.
* Daily Parking is complimentary but based on availability. In the event of high occupancy, valet service will be approximately $10 per vehicle. Overnight Parking is $18.
- 6-7pm: Cocktail hour
- 6-8pm: 50/50 Raffle ticket sales, $10 for 10, $20 for 25. Winner gets half the pot, the other half goes to programs at VNHS.
- 6:30-10:30pm: Photo Booth
- 7-8pm: Dinner (Buffet) and Dancing (80s DJ)
- 8-8:30pm: Dinner (continues) and Program - Slideshow, Trivia Challenge, Door Prizes and 50/50 Raffle Winners, etc. Emcee Elaina "Lainie" McMillan
- 8:30-11pm: Dancing with music by our 80s DJ and The VNHS Alumni All-Star 80s Band!
Buffet Dinner Menu:
- Fresh fruit platter
- California mixed greens salad with fresh vegetables and assorted dressings
- Atlantic salmon with dill sauce
- Sliced tri-tip in a mushroom ragout
- Roasted red skin potatoes
- Saffron rice
- Grilled seasonal vegetables
- Dinner rolls with butter
- Mini dessert station
- Coffee and Tea Station
TEACHERS ARE FREE!
Teachers who taught at Van Nuys during 1985-1988 can come to the reunion free! Thanks for being such great teachers! Please RSVP in advance so we have a count. Your free admission includes dinner, dessert, hot drinks. Cash bar - ask your former students to treat you!
So far, we are expecting Terry Ball, James Bechtel, Linda Blackwell, Robin Share, and Sandy Wolfson!
Reunion Family Picnic
Continue the fun at the Reunion Family Picnic:
- Sunday, June 10, 12pm-3pm
- NEW LOCATION: Lake Balboa Park in Van Nuys (near the Wheel Fun Bike Rental Shop - look for Crimson and Gray balloons)
Look for the Crimson and Gray balloons
Activities planned include softball (space permitting) and volleyball, so bring your A-Game! (And mitt!) Also bring your favorite picnic and tailgate party games.
Food: We'll bring the hot dogs (beef, kosher, and veggie) and you bring a dish to share. If your last name begins with:
- A-F, please bring a fruit or veggie salad
- G-L, please bring chips or a side dish
- M-R, please bring drinks
- S-Z, please bring a dessert
Don't Miss Out!
Keep up with new announcements:
- There is a Facebook group you can join.
- If you aren't in the Facebook group but want to receive information, please email VNHSco88@gmail.com.
DISCOUNT ROOM RATE!
We have 10 rooms at the Sportsmen's Lodge at the discount rate: $175.00+ tax/fees for the standard Deluxe room, $185 for pool-view, $195 for pool-access (1st floor facing pool). These ten rooms can stay just Saturday night, if desired. After the 10th room, a 2-night stay is required (unless there are enough people to negotiate a second block).
To make a reservation, call: 818-769-4700 OR 818-255-9808 before May 9 and ask for the “Van Nuys HS” Group Block.