|Kukrail Picnic Spot
-a most liked picnic spot of Lucknow -this place is best for holidays and weekends.
| Dream Valley Resort
Away from the noise and pollution of the city, this is also one of the most preferred picnic spot of the city.
| Dilkusha Garden
A historical place and historical garden. Really beautiful greenery, this garden is pleasing place to visit.
People visit these gardens, parks in large numbers on holidays, week-ends and also during morning and evening time. Main picnic spots of the city are Kukrail Picnic spot near Indira Nagar,, Zoo in Hazratganj, Dilkusha Garden, Indira Dam (Dream Valley), Shaheed Smarak. Begum Hazrat Mahal Park in Hazratganj, Gulab Vatika, Buddha Park, Lohia park in Gomti Nagar, Swarn Jayanti Park ,Aurobindo Park in Indiranagar and Residency.
Lucknow evenings have been popular as "Shaam-e- Avadh" and people either used to visit Hazratganj, embankment of Gomti river or parks during leisure hours. However, with the change of time, people now prefer to use the parks for morning walks and move in Malls during evening.
This site endeavours to provide you information about these parks, picnic spots, gardens, parks adjoining historical monuments, and also a number of Images, photos, etc. of Lucknow Parks and gardens.
Gardens and Picnic Spots in Lucknow:
1 Kukrail Picnic Spot
-a most liked picnic spot of Lucknow. Situated in Kukrail Forest near Indira Nagar, Lucknow, this place is best for holidays and weekends.
Kukrail Picnic spot is a very beautiful and green place to enjoy picnic during winter season in particular. It is in fact Kukrail Reserve Forest and a Gharial rehabilitation centre).It is situated near Indira Nagar locality and is about 25 Kilo meters from Lucknow Airport and about 10 Kms from Charbagh Railway station.
An entrance fee of Rs.5 or 10 is tobe paid at entrance gate. There is a small museum inside in addition to different type and age of Ghariyal inside.
This is a really a nice place to spend the whole day with your family and friends.. Basically it was developed for the preservation and development of Crocodiles, Gharial. The Kukrail forest is spread in very wide area. In this forest you can enjoy the beauty of lush green ground, beautiful flowers and trees. You can carry different type of outdoor games like Badminton, Flying Disc, etc. to play inside. There is a canteen inside where you can have cold drinks, snacks,etc. It is also a good place for children as they can enjoy a number of swings installed in the park.
3. Dilkusha Garden - A historical place and historical garden. Really beautiful greenery, this garden is pleasing place to visit.
It is not just a picnic spot but a historical places. The remains of the monuments provide vivid picture of golden times of Awadh. It is most favorite te place for young generation.
Situated just few miles away from Hazratganj on Sultanpur road it has well maintained beautiful gardens covered with green grass and flowers. Entrance fee : Nominal. Parking facility: Yes
4. Lohia Park
Sittuated in Gomti Nagar, Lucknow - Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Park in Lucknow is a boon for all those who like gardens. It is situated in Gomtinagar, Lucknow. This park is developed on the name of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia, a great Socialist and Philosopher. Lohia Park is designed and constructed by LDA and is spread over Eighty acres of land in the trans-Gomti area.
A beautiful artificial lake is developed in the area of about 15,00 Sq. Meters of land. An attractive tower and statue of Dr. Lohia can be seen in the park. You can view a number of trees of different varieties planted all over in the garden. This garden is most desired place for joggers and morning walkers of the nearby areas.
Entrance Fee: Rs. 5/- per head (Fee unto 12 years chiGldren)
Montly Pass fee : Rs. 50/- only
Parking Fee: Rs. 10/- Car, Rs. 5/- Scooter, Rs. 2/- Cycle
Adjacent to Smriti Upvan Park, there is another most beautiful park equipped with walking trails, swings, benches and large number of green trees. Thousand of well grown trees of different species, green grass lawns, etc. make it the best park of the area.
Lucknow Residency -
8. Swarn Jayanti Smriti Vihar Park - (Fitness Track) Sector 25, Indira Nagar, Lucknow
Tickets : Rs.2/- only Children upto 12 Years Rs. 1/- only; Monthly Pass : Adults Rs.30, Children Rs. 15; Monthly Pass for family of 4 : Rs. 60 only
9. Arbind ParkThis beautiful park is a boon for local residents. It has 40 Meter Jogging Track. A nice place for morning walk. , Morning/Evening Walk : Entry Tickets : Rs. 2/- ,For children upto 12 and Senior citizens above 65 : Rs. 1/- only.
10. Buddha Park - Buddha Park and Hathi Park are situated on the bank of river Gomti near Daliganj bridge. A small but beautiful Buddha Park is a number one choice of Lucknow's children. A number of swings are the main attraction in addition to artificial river where you can enjoy paddle Boating.
11. Hathi Park -A nice park near Daliganj bridge. Most liked by Children.
12.(i) Smriti Upvan Park , Ashiyana, Lucknow - Remains closed on Monday
they are boon for morning walkers and also children who enjoy to play on its green grass lawns. In morning and evening it is most liked place for people living in the nearby areas.
. You can have more information here
Jyotiba Phule Zonal Park, Lucknow, UP, India-Photos
Welcome to Zonal Park, Lucknow. You will love to know about this beautiful park and to view the live images and photos of the Park.
Foundation Stone of the Zonal Park in Sector D-1, Kanpur Road Housing Scheme, Lucknow, was first laid on 12 October 2005 by the then Chief Minister of the UP.
16. Botanic-Garden-Lucknow, Ashok Marg, Lucknow -complete information
Entry : Free, Car Stand : Rs. 10/- . You can also enjoy boating at Rs. 40/- only (Full boat).
18. New Laxman Park, Nishat Ganj Bridge, Lucknow. Entry fee : nominal
19. Musa Bag and Joggers Park, Hardoi Road
20. Zonal Park -You will love to know about this beautiful park and to view the live images and photos of the Park
21. Janeshwar Mishra park, presently being developed over an areas of 350 acres in Gomti Nagar extension in Lucknow.
24. Gomti Vihar -2, Near Gomti River
25. Gomti Vihar 1 : upcoming - The Park is not ready for Visitors.
26. ECO Park
28. Park opposite to BIRD, Kanpur Road
29. Vilayati Bagh, Cantt. Lucknow - Constructed in 182730. Kalandi Van Park - is in Vrindavan Scheme of UP Housing Board, Rai Bareli Road, Lucknow-This park is developed along the Sharda Canal,. The park envisages a five-foot deep lake with facility for boating through pedal boats available for boating enthusiasts.
Some old gardens of Lucknow :
a. Musa Bag at Hardoi Road, Lucknow
b. Almas Bag at Hardoi Road Lucknow
c. Vilayati Bagh, Cantt. Lucknow - Constructed in 1827
d. Pasand Bagh in Gadhi Peer Khan locality, Lucknow
e. Kaiser Bagh, Lucknow
f. Sikandar Bagh - Botanical Garden, Lucknow