Another new version available!
Version 1.1.2 is here! (released on 17th November 2013)
- Infinite search done right
- download and unpack the zip file in a place of your choosing
- point your favorite UCI user interface (for example Arena Chess) to <virutor_chess_path>\bin\VirutorChessUci.exe
- enjoy your game
- some UCI features still remain unimplemented (infinite analysis for example)
Disclaimer regarding security warnings
- Recently I noticed that Chrome (and maybe also other browsers) will warn you
with "VirutorChess is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous". This happens for windows binaries
and not for the Android ones (the .zip extension is to blame). I googled it and found out
that I should change the content type. I did that and it didn't help. Then I found another thread where
someone claimed that it could be fixed if I sign the binary with a trusted certificate.
I am not gonna do that because that costs (quite a lot of) money and from the beginning
my endeavor was meant to cost me only my (precious) time. I admit this is a big issue and I will continue to investigate it and will try to find a way to fix it without costs.
I am not going to remove the .zip extension either. Suggesting to users to download a file and then to change its extension seems to me kind of impolite and suspicious by itself.
Disclaimer regarding broken download counting
It seems that some google servers are not available (surprising, huh?).
I will investigate this, too. The number of downloads are still counted, though;
fortunately this works.