About Virtual-C IDE
- A platform for learning and teaching the C programming language
- A simple development environment to represent
the data and control flow of a C program
It provides an editor, compiler / linker and debugger.
No complicated adjustments or project settings need to be done. Just compile and run your C-files.
- Many examples from the (German) book: "Start in die C-Programmierung" gives you an easy start.
- It is freeware for private (uncommercial) usage!
- Interested? Look at the (short) manual.
- Catch a glimpse at the compiler: SimpleC
New: Testing Framework TSC
- From Version 1.4, the Virtual-C IDE comes with TSC (test suite compiler) - an integrated unit testing framework. Look at the tsc manual tsc.pdf
Download the Virtual-C IDE
New: Version 1.5 available
- Free download for Microsoft Windows (XP, 7, 8):
VirtualC150.zip Windows Installer (about 11 MB)
Free download for Mac (OS X 10.7-10.10):
VirtualC150.dmg.gz A zipped disk image (about 20 MB)
Please read the ReleaseNotes.txt first!
- Deploying Virtual-C Apps on the Web? Read my short tutorial about using Emscripten.
First Android Version
New: Secure Download at heise.de