Election Information

Election Registration & Photo ID

Information provided by the Wisconsin Elections Commission


Village residents vote in the Community Room located at the Lomira Municipal Complex - 425 Water Street, Lomira.  Polls are open 7am until 8pm.


To become a registered voter within the Village, you must have lived at your current residence for at least 10 consecutive days before the election, be a U.S. citizen, be 18 years or older, not currently serving a sentence including incarceration, parole, probation, or extended supervision for a felony conviction, and not otherwise disqualified from voting. 


Register to vote or check your registration status at: www.MyVote.wi.gov



·         By mail. Up to 20 days before the election. Registration forms should be mailed to your municipal clerk. You can start your voter registration form online at http://myvote.wi.gov. Your form must be printed, signed, and mailed or delivered, to your municipal clerk with a copy of your driver license and/or valid proof of residency. You must always provide a Proof of Residence document when registering. If you are registering by mail, you can use any of the forms of Proof of residence except a residential lease.

·         In the municipal clerk’s office. You may register in-person in your municipal clerk’s office up until the Friday before the election at 5:00 p.m. You must always provide a Proof of Residence document when registering to vote.

·         At the polling place on Election Day. You may register at the polls on Election Day. You must always provide a Proof of Residence document when registering to vote.



If you have been issued a State of Wisconsin Driver License or ID card that is current and valid, you must provide the number and expiration date. If your WI driver license is cancelled or expired; or your WI DOT-issued ID is expired, provide the number and the last 4 digits of your Social Security number. If you have not been issued a WI driver license or WI DOT-issued ID, you must provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security number. If you have none of these documents, you will be able to indicate that fact. You must provide a Proof of Residence Document when registering to vote in Wisconsin. A Proof of Residence Document is an acceptable document that proves where you live in Wisconsin. A list of acceptable Proof of Residence is available at www.gab.wi.gov




            There are many forms of Photo ID, which you may already have, that can be used to vote. Anyone with a valid WI driver license or WI state ID card, or any of the documents listed below, already has the photo ID they need for voting purposes.  

The following photo IDs are acceptable for voting purposes:

·         a WI DOT-issued driver license, even if driving privileges are revoked or suspended

·         a WI DOT-issued identification card

·         a Military ID card issued by the U.S. Uniformed Services

·         a U.S. passport book or card

·         a certificate of naturalization (that was issued not earlier than two years before the date of the election)

·         an identification card issued by a federally recognized Indian tribe in WI

·         a driver license receipt issued by WI DOT (valid for 45 days from date issued)

·         an identification card receipt issued by WI DOT (valid for 45 days from date issued)

·         a Veteran Affairs ID card (must be unexpired or have no expiration date)

·         A complete list can be found at www.bringit.wi.gov



·         Elector’s Photograph

The photograph must reasonably resemble the elector

·         Elector’s Name

The elector’s name must conform to the name on their voter registration; conform does not mean that the name must be identical to the name on the voter registration

·         An Expiration

If the ID has an expiration date, it must meet the expiration requirements listed above


An acceptable Photo ID for voting does not have to include a current address.

Absentee Voting in the Clerk’s Office

§  Absentee voting in the clerk’s office begins three weeks before the election.  Absentee voting now ends at 4:30pm the Friday before the election. 

§  A request for an absentee ballot to be mailed must be submitted by 5pm the Thursday before the election

§  The new law prohibits absentee voting and voter registration the Saturday, Sunday or Monday before an election. 

§  Absentee voters in the clerk’s office must present the same type of photo ID required at the polls

Absentee Requests by Mail

§  Absentee requests for ballots sent by mail must be accompanied by a photocopy of an acceptable form of voter ID 

§  It is suggested to use form GAB-121 to request an absentee ballot by mail. Visit http://gab.wi.gov/forms or contact the Village Clerk

§  Once you have sent the clerk’s office a photocopy of your ID, you will not need to send photocopies with future absentee ballot requests by mail unless you change your name or address (which would also require re-registering)

Make sure you are a registered voter in the Village of Lomira!  Please visit https://myvote.wi.gov or contact the Village Clerk to check your status as a registered voter.  You may register to vote and vote absentee prior to Election Day.



      Questions or concerns pertaining to the election, voting, photo ID, proof of registration and more can be directed to the Village of Lomira Clerk-Treasurer

                              Jenna Rhein

                              425 Water Street

                              Lomira, WI   53048

                              Office: (920) 269-4112 option 4

                              Email: jrhein@villageoflomira.com




Subpages (1): TYPE E NOTICE
Jenna Rhein,
Apr 4, 2017, 6:47 PM
Jenna Rhein,
Feb 21, 2017, 6:46 PM
Jenna Rhein,
Jan 14, 2016, 7:30 AM
Jenna Rhein,
Jan 20, 2016, 11:49 AM