Video Communications is located at the back of Miller Library,Silver City main campus. We provide the following services and support:
- Course Videoconferencing- All videoconference courses connect according to the course schedule in banner on a daily basis. IT Video Communications generates and supports all course connections.
- Scheduled Event Videoconferencing- Event coordinator has access to an online form to schedule the connection. IT Video Communications generates the connection in accordance with the online request submission. IT Video Communications generates and supports all bridged event connections.
- Videoconference Capture- All scheduled videoconference connections with recording equipment are recorded unless the professor or event coordinator requests for the connection not to be recorded. IT Video Communications generates recordings, uploads content to database server, and edits content per request. Recorded videoconferences are cataloged on a database that is maintained by IT Video Communications. This database provides access to content by viewers through an easy accessible url on the web.
- Studio Session Capture- Recordings are scheduled and generated by IT Video Communications for face to face courses that are scheduled in a capture capable room (6 rooms on campus-2 rooms extended sites). Specific recording studios are dedicated to be available for hybrid deliveries such as hybrid course content development, professional development, etc… IT Video Communications provides recording of special events with a portable setup. IT Video Communications generates all recordings, uploads content to database server, and edits content per request. Recorded events are cataloged on a database that is maintained by IT Video Communications. This database provides access to content by viewers through an easy accessible url on the web.
- Webcasting- IT Video Communications streams content of scheduled event or course to the web. Individuals can view the event live through an easy accessible url. IT Video Communications generates and supports all webcasts then records and uploads content to a database server. Recorded webcasts are edited per request and cataloged on a database that is maintained by IT Video Communications.
- Podcasting-IT Video Communications provides specific recording studios that are dedicated to availability for hybrid deliveries, special events, and professional development. The podcast can be released episodically and often downloaded through streamed content provided on the server. IT Video Communications generates and supports podcasting.
- Desktop Videoconferencing- IT Video Communications provides WNMU employees the ability to use videoconferencing at their desk. Participants can use ad hoc videoconferencing from their desk to any employee within the WNMU network which includes Deming, Gallup and TorC. IT Video Communications establishes and maintains all desktop accounts while providing bridging services for all connections.
- Video Conferencing and Webcasting to Mobile Devices- - IT Video Communications provides WNMU employees the ability to use videoconferencing on their mobile device. Participants can use ad hoc videoconferencing with their mobile device to many devices which includes Deming, Gallup and TorC. * Videoconferencing/Streaming to mobile devices is dependent on device and os.
- Hardware Support- IT Video Communications is responsible for installation, maintenance, and support of all hardware in 19 rooms on campus and 9 at our extended sites.
- Software Support- IT Video Communications is responsible for the installation and/or provides the venue for users to access desktop conferencing services. There are currently 90 accounts established and this number is increasing. In addition, IT Video Communications is responsible for all software on the 9 recorders used for webcasting and lecture capture.
- Database Maintenance- IT- Video Communications maintains two videoconference databases and one database for all recorded presentations. In addition to the regular maintenance, IT Video Communications builds customized catalogs and permissions for each presenter and/or professor.
- Server and Firewall Maintenance- With the extreme growth of services, the videoconference network consists of two firewalls and three servers, not including the mass storage for archiving all recorded content.
- Facilities and Resources - IT Video Communications has full responsibility for the following rooms which includes oversight, scheduling, access and hardware maintenance:
- AV1, AV2, AV3, Music Recording Studio, and Green Screen Studio (Chroma Key Room).
- The AV rooms are used for courses, professional development and are dedicated recording studios when not in use by courses.
- The music recording studio provides a place for WNMU employees and students to record and edit music.
- The Green Screen Studio provides an environment with a single colored backdrop that allows WNMU employees and students to make the color transparent - replacing it with any other video clip, graphic or still image. With green screen, it's simple to superimpose anything or anyone into any shot. You can transport yourself to the moon, appear in your favorite film, or make a presentation along with all the relevant facts and figures...This studio is being built in collaboration with Extended University.
- Video Customer Support - IT Video Communications troubleshoots and supports questions regarding all connections and services listed above.