- To remit, or not to remit: that is the question. A remittance field experiment (with Máximo Torero), Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 2015 (Paper (open access) Working Paper (incl. Instructions)).
- Lost in the mail: A field experiment on crime (with Marco Castillo, Ragan A. Petrie and Máximo Torero), Economic Inquiry, 52 (1), 2014, 285-303 (Published Paper Working Paper).
- Contract farming and smallholder incentives to produce high quality: experimental evidence from the Vietnamese dairy sector (with Christoph Saenger, Matin Qaim and Maximo Torero), Agricultural Economics, 44 (3), 2013, 297-308 (Published paper Working Paper).
- Breaking the norm: An empirical investigation into the unraveling of good behavior (with Ruth Vargas Hill and Eduardo Maruyama), Journal of Development Economics, 99 (1), 2012, 150-162 (Paper (open access) Instructions). A previous version of this paper appeared as IFPRI Discussion Paper 948.
- A field experiment on the impact of weather shocks and insurance on risky investment (with Ruth Vargas Hill), Experimental Economics, 15 (2), 2012, 341-371 (Paper (open access) Instructions). A previous version of this paper appeared as IFPRI Discussion Paper 974.
- Treating the field as a lab: A basic guide to conducting economics experiments for policymaking, September 2012 (Final Draft). Disclaimer: The final, published version has been released. Please complete a short download form so I can keep track of users and email future updates. Please cite as "Viceisza, A. C. G. 2012. Treating the field as a lab: A basic guide to conducting economics experiments for policymaking. Food Security in Practice Technical Guide 7, Washington, D.C.: International Food Policy Research Institute."
Working papers (RePEc Page)
- Communication and coordination: Experimental evidence from farmer groups in Senegal (with Kodjo Aflagah and Tanguy Bernard), Paper coming soon.
- Building trust in rural producer organizations in Senegal: results from a randomized controlled trial (with Tanguy Bernard, Markus Frölich, Andreas Landmann, Pia Naima Unte and Fleur Wouterse), Paper coming soon.
- Potential collusion and trust: Evidence from a field experiment in Vietnam (with Máximo Torero), (Paper). A version of this paper appeared as IFPRI Discussion Paper 1100.
- Three risk-elicitation methods in the field: Evidence from rural Senegal (with Gary Charness), January 2015 (Paper incl. Instructions). A version of this paper appeared as IFPRI Discussion Paper 1135 and circulated under the title "Comprehension and risk elicitation in the field: Evidence from rural Senegal".
- Leaders needed: Experimental evidence from rural producer organizations in Senegal (with Tanguy Bernard, Ligane Sene and Fleur Wouterse), November 2014 (Paper). A version of this paper circulated under the title "Coordination requires more than one leader! Experimental evidence from rural producer organizations in Senegal".
- Creating a Lab in the Field: Economics Experiments for Policymaking, June 2014 (Paper).
Non-peer reviewed publications
- Behavioral Field Experiments for the Study of HPAI Prevention and Control, Africa/Indonesia Region Report No. 12, October 2008.
- Georgia’s Aging Population: What to expect and how to cope? (with Glenn Landers, Clare Richie, Sally Wallace and David Sjoquist), FRC Report/Brief No. 116, October 2005.
- “ATM: On the road to success” Library and Press of the University of the Netherlands Antilles, Curaçao, May 2000.
Permanent working papers
- The effect of irrelevant information on adverse selection in a signaling game, June 2013 (Paper incl. Instructions). This is a substantially revised version of a paper that formerly circulated under the title: An experimental inquiry into the effect of yardstick competition on corruption, IFPRI Discussion Paper 774.
Presentations, speeches, opinions, and interviews
- Experimental methods for impact assessment, AGRODEP, Dakar, May 26-27, 2014 (Webpage, Syllabus, Picture).
- Understanding the poor's decisions: A forum on using lablike field experiments to inform policy, IFPRI, Washington, DC, November 8, 2013 (Presentation).
- Annual IFPRI Toastmasters (Chatmasters International) Address, Washington, DC, April 23, 2009 (Presentation).
- Mini-lecture on Experimental Economics Methods at the University of Hohenheim under auspices of prof. dr. Manfred Zeller, Hohenheim, November 2008 (Syllabus).
- IFPRI Activities on Compensation, presented at the Western Hemisphere on Poultry Compensation--A Critical Component for Avian Influenza Control organized by the FAO, OIE, USDA and US DOD, Gamboa, Panamá, July 2008 (Presentation).
- Three Anecdotes and A Couple of Quotes, speech held at the eleventh annual Andrew Young School of Policy Studies Honors Dinner, GSU, April 2007 (Speech).
- Kòrsou, n’unda bo tesoro ta?, article discussing the self-fulfilling prophecies of Curaçao macroeconomics, local associated press, Curaçao, June 2003 (Article [in Papiamento]).
- The Culture of Fear, article published as part of book compiled and edited by prof. dr. ing. Valdemar Marcha and prof. dr. Paul Verweel, University of the Netherlands Antilles and University of Utrecht, January 2003 (Paper [in Dutch]).