Lemon-Yogurt Cheesecake Bundt
Makes 12 to 14 servings
1 cup light olive oil or vegetable oil
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 cups white sugar
Zest of 1 lemon, finely minced
4 large eggs
2 cups plain yogurt
2 T fresh lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup lime juice
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 tsp lime oil
Lemon-Lime Cream Cheese Glaze:
2 cups confectioners' sugar
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 to 3 T lemon and lime juice, mixed
Lemon and lime zest
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 375. Generously spray a 9- or 10-inch fluted tube pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place pan on it.
2. In a mixer bowl, beat oil, butter, sugar, and lemon zest together until well blended, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add eggs, yogurt, juice, and vanilla; blend well, about 2 minutes. Fold in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and blend well, making sure no uncombined ingredients cling to bottom of mixing bowl. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake until cake is set and tests done with a cake skewer that comes out clean, about 60 to 80 minutes. Cake will have fine cracks on the surface. If cake is brown on top but doesn't seem done inside, reduce oven temperature to 325 and let bake at lower temperature until done. Cool in pan 15 minutes before unmolding onto a serving platter.
4. Meanwhile, for Lime Syrup, in a small saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil. Let simmer 5 minutes. Cool. Poke holes all over cake with a cake skewer. Drizzle some of syrup over cake. Let set. Repeat several times over a 30-minute period.
5. For Lemon-Lime Cream Cheese Glaze, blend all ingredients in a medium bowl with a whisk or in a food processor to make a drippy glaze. Put glaze in a measuring cup with a pouring spout and drizzle over cake. Garnish with citrus zest and edible fresh flowers or dust with confectioners' sugar.
Recipe from A Passion for Baking by Marcy Goldman