Vermilion Utilities Department
City Administration Building
5511 Liberty Avenue, Vermilion, OH 44089
Main Utility Building Clerk: (440) 204-2420
Utility Clerk #1: (440) 204-2421
Utility Clerk #2: (440) 204-2422
- Pay Your Bills in Person 8 am - 4:30 pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Emergency service: (440) 204-2450
- (This telephone number rings to the Water & Sewer Service Plant which is manned 24 hours per day. Emergency workers can be called out from that number.)
Online Bill Payment
Visit the Online Bill Pay
page to pay utility bills with a credit card over the Internet.
The Utilities Department consists of the Water Treatment Plant, Water and Sewer Distribution Department and Wastewater Utilities Plant. The Utilities Department is in charge of water and sewer lines.
Garbage & Recycling
The City of Vermilion contracts with Allied Waste Services for garbage pick up.
Allied Waste Services
40195 Butternut Ridge Road, Elyria, Ohio
Phone: (800) 433-1309
Contact the Utilities Department to find out what day your refuse will be picked up.
- Please have your rubbish and recyclable materials placed to the curb by 6 am on collection day.
- Collections are not made on these holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. If any of these holidays fall on your garbage collection day, the collection will be delayed one day.
Residential Refuse Service
- Please place your residential refuse in the containers provided by Allied Waste by 6 am on your collection day.
- During the first full week of each month, bulk items can be placed on the curb for pickup.
- Please set your recyclables out on the curb in the green container provided by Allied Waste by 7 am on your collection day.
- It is not necessary to put out the container every week, only when full.
Items to Recycle
- Aluminum, newspaper, cardboard, bi-metal and steel cans, glass bottles & jars, and #1 and #2 plastics may be placed in the blue container.
- Yard waste should be placed in a separate brown paper kraft bag each week from April 15 through November 30.
- For more information on recycling: www.dnr.state.oh.us/recycling
You can pay your utility bill in person at the City Administration Building Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm. Bill payment can also be made at Drug Mart, or through automatic deduction from your checking account. You can also pay your bill on your Master or Visa. Visit the Online Bill Pay
page to pay utility bills with a credit card over the Internet
First Energy: to report a power outage, call 1-888-LIGHTSS or visit www.firstenergycorp.com
and choose Customer Care.