Vermilion Port Authority
South Street Municipal Public Boat Ramp
Phone: (440) 967-7087
Location: The boat ramp is located on the west side of the Vermilion River, and is adjacent to the Water Pollution Control Center.
- Directions from Rt. 6: On the west side of the bridge over the Vermilion River, by Convenient Food Mart, turn south onto West River Road. Then in about ¼ mile at the stop sign, turn left (east) onto the Boat Ramp access road. Watch for oncoming traffic on West River Road from the south which does not stop and has the right of way.
- Directions from Rt. 60: From the traffic light where State Rt. 60 intersects South Street, turn right (east) onto South Street and go east about ½ mile. Where South Street dead-ends at West River Road, there is a stop sign. At this intersection, watch for traffic coming from the right (south) which does not stop and has the right of way. Cross the street by making a jog to the left (north) onto West River Road, then immediately turn right onto the access road leading downhill to the river and Boat Ramp.
Pet-friendly stations available at all facilities
Daily Launch Fees
- $6.00 boat
- $2.00 canoes
- $6.00 single jet ski
- $8.00 double jet ski
- $5.00 pump-out
- 2 launching lanes
- 2 courtesy docks
- car top and canoe launch area
- trailer and car parking
- disabled & handicap accessible facility
- open 24 hours April 1 through November 15
- bait and fishing supplies available from local suppliers
- picnic area along the river
- public bank fishing area
- library offers fishing poles and life jackets for kids on loan
- 5 minutes north to Lake Erie
- no dockage available
Water Works Public Guest Docks
Dockmaster: (440) 967-7087
Monitors Channels 9 & 16
We invite you to visit our Water Works Public Guest Docks. You are in the center of Vermilion's historical district and within easy walking distance of many quaint specialty shops, groceries, ice, restaurants, fast food, historical homes, overnight accommodations, professional services, the beach, and the Inland Seas Maritime Museum.
Location: Just inside the Vermilion River harbor on the starboard side (West) you will find The Vermilion Municipal Water Plant. The docks are adjacent to the water plant.
- Reservations suggested (contact Dockmaster (440) 967-7087
- 20 guest berths accommodating both power and sail up to 50 ft.
- Dockage Fee: $1.50 per foot for overnight dockage, with check out at noon. Day tripper rates available upon request.
- Facilities: water and electricity available, restrooms, showers, pump out
- Season: mid-May to mid-October
There are additional public docks at Exchange Park (just up the Vermilion River, on the west side, south of the condominiums) and the McGarvey's Landing (further up the Vermilion River, on the east side, just north of the bridge, at the Quaker Steak & Lube Restaurant). Along the river, you will find marinas that provide fuel and services, as well as restaurants that cater to boaters' needs.
McGarvey's Landing features breathtaking views from the Vermilion River boardwalk in historic Harbour Town. Trees, beautiful planters, benches, picnic tables and more provide a wonderful park-like setting to watch boats sail along the river. Public boat docks are available along McGarvey's landing by the Vermilion Port Authority. Many festivities take place at the boardwalk including rubber ducky races, lighted boat parades and crazy craft regatta.
- Dock Master and Reservations: (440) 967-7087
- Harbor Master: (440) 967-6116
- Harbor Patrol: (440) 967-6116, Emergency 911
- U.S. Coast Guard: (440) 288-1206
- Local Police Monitor Marine Channel 16: VHF 9
- Hospital: 20 minutes to Community Health Partners Hospital - (440) 960-4000
- Showers and pump-out service at entire dock
- Electric 30 and 50 amps available
- 320 linear foot of bulkhead dockage
- No wake
- 84 Decibel Noise Level Limit 24 Hours a day