EVSTL UPDATE FOR 2020-2021 season
The Executive Committee has recommended that the fall EVSTL league matches be suspended until January, and the club presidents have voted to suspend these matches.
Nearly 50% of league players will be absent in the fall, especially Canadians, and the vast majority of clubs do not allow visitors on their courts. Therefore, league play is impossible for the fall due to the virus and the resulting precautions being taken throughout the league.
We will look to (hopefully) begin league play in January, but this is obviously to be determined by many factors.
The October 27 general membership meeting is still scheduled, although this is subject to change.
Tom Arnold, Pres/ EVSTL
Important Message from Rod Outhwaite,
VO Tennis Club President
I hope all of you and your families are healthy and happy. We are certainly living in a unique time with Covid-19.
I have no idea at this time what our tennis program will be this fall. There are so many factors in play right now and all of them are linked to Covid. To assist us in putting together a plan...or two for this fall we are sending you a short survey that will provide us with a starting point in our planning. It will also provide information that will be passed on to the EVSTL executive to help them with their league planning.
Here are a few updates to bring you up to date on our tennis club
· At the start of summer we were asked to put together a safe guideline for anyone wanting to play tennis. We were also asked to provide 2 individuals that are full time residents to monitor the tennis and act on our behalf regarding any tennis related items. Jean Davis and Pat Murphy did an outstanding job for us. Well done ladies!
· The Condo Board issued notice in early summer that only residents (owners & renters) can use any of the facilities. This is still in effect.
· We were asked by the Social Board to provide guidelines and rules for tennis play this fall taking into consideration the rise in Covid since early summer. That document has been submitted and once approved we will forward it to the membership.
· Most of our executive board and committee members are Canadian and at this time won’t be travelling to VO until January 2021 at the earliest. In order to have some leadership at the park we will be putting together what we are calling a skeleton board and as required committee chairs to assist with running programs. Sally Johnston will resume her role as president.
· We are unsure at this time if there will be EVSTL league play. Their executive is looking at that right now and hope to have something finalized by mid September.
I think that covers the majors items for now. As things move forward we will keep you informed.
Stay healthy, be happy and make time every day to smile and laugh.
President, VO Tennis Club
Venture Out Tennis Club has regretfully postponed the 2020 Fall Classic due to health and safety concerns during this Covid-19 pandemic. Refunds have been issued. Registration fees and t-shirt orders made through PayPal were refunded through Paypal. Questions? Contact Jean at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-460-3476.
Residents of VO do not need to be a tennis club member to play on the tennis courts near the entrance to the VO front gate, south of the laundry room room and patio, Courts 7 & 8. These are non-reservable courts. Loaner rackets and balls are available in the shed adjacent to those courts and can be used by anyone residing in Venture Out. Use of the ball machine is restricted to Tennis Club Members Only.