The latest from President Sally Johnston:
- Check your food handlers expiration date. The last food handlers of the season is March 4 at 9;00am in the Baja Bistro. It only takes 1/2 hour and is good for 3 years.
- Tennis tournaments are in the air. Check the Kiosk, find a partner and sign up. The deadlines are fast approaching. Any questions, contact Terry Brown.
SVE Spring Championships – March 9-14, 2020
SSV Mixed Doubles Tournament – March 16-21, 2020
Greenfield Village Last Change Tournament – March 23-26, 2020
(Level 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 & 3.0 Only)
Venture Out Fall Classic – October 26-31, 2020
- Spring Potluck Dinner and Dance
When: Saturday, March 14 Where: Buena Vista Ballroom
Band: Midnight Confessions
What: Bring a dish to pass (enough for 10-12 people please)
Bring your own table service and Beverage of Choice
Time: 5-6:00 pm cocktails/socializing
6-7:00 pm Potluck supper 7-9:00 pm Dance
Cost: $6.00 for tennis members (and partner) $10.00 for guests
Tickets will be available from your team captain next week or contact Deb Evans at (306)591-4112
- Mark your calendars: The Spring Tennis Auction, Rummage and Bake Sale is March 6th. Set up is March 5th. Your help as always is needed. Check the Kiosk for sign up sheets.
- March 11 is our General Meeting at 3:30 pm in the Oasis.
- The Fall Classic Committee is again asking that each Team supply a basket loaded with goodies for the Fall Classic Raffle. You may do them up and get them to Joyce Taylor this spring or next fall before the Fall Classic.
- The Nominating Committee will begin their search to fill positions on the Board. Remember this is your club and you need to be active in it. If asked to serve, please accept, or volunteer for a position.
Residents of VO do not need to be a tennis club member to play on the tennis courts near the entrance to the VO front gate, south of the laundry room room and patio, Courts 7 & 8. These are non-reservable courts. Loaner rackets and balls are available in the shed adjacent to those courts and can be used by anyone residing in Venture Out. Use of the ball machine is restricted to Tennis Club Members Only.