Recipe by Vegetable Matter
Swiss Chard Quesadilla with Queso Fresco and Green OnionsIngredients1 lb Swiss chard1 1/2 Tbs green onion, chopped1 garlic clove, minced2 Tbs olive oil1/2 tsp sea salt1/4 tsp black pepper1/3 cup vegetable stock1/2 cup queso fresco, diced4 corn tortillas olive oil for frying tortillasProcedure
- Cut the ribs and stems from the chard, and slice into thin slices. Chop the leaves.
- Heat the olive oil over low heat, then add onions and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add sliced chard stems, salt, and pepper and cook around four minutes.
- Add chard leaves and stock, increase heat to medium, and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, until leaves are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Layer half the cheese, onions, and chard filling on a tortilla. Place another on top. Repeat for second quesadilla.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a saute pan. Heat one quesadilla at a time. When one side is golden, flip and repeat. Remove from heat and repeat with second quesadilla. Eat immediately.