Recipe by Vegetable Matter
Pasta with Italian Dandelion Green Pesto, Green Beans and Potatoes
Italian Dandelion Green Pesto2 cups tightly packed, washed dandelion green leaves12 large basil leaves2 garlic cloves1 cup toasted pine nuts1/2 cup olive oil1/3 cup parmesan, grated1 Tbs creme fraiche sea salt and black pepperPasta1/2 lb Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, quartered and cut into 1/2" slices1/2 lb green beans, preferably flat-pod, cut into 1" pieces1 lb dry ribbon pasta such as fettucineProcedurePesto
- Combine greens, basil, garlic and pine nuts in food processor. Slowly stream in olive oil while motor is running until well combined and smooth. Add cheese and creme fraiche. Season with salt and pepper.
- Boil large pot of water and add 5 or so tsp sea salt. Add potato slices and return to a boil.
- As soon as water is boiling again, add pasta and beans and cook until pasta is done.
- Drain, reserving 1 1/2 cups of the cooking liquid and set aside.
- Combine the pesto with 2 Tbs cooking liquid and heat over medium low in a large saute pan. Add pasta mixture and toss until evenly coated. Add more cooking liquid as needed so pesto won't coat too thickly, and continue to toss until well-combined.
- Serve with more grated parmesan on top.