Recipe by Vegetable Matter
2 Tbs fresh lime juice
1 jalapeno, seeded and coarsely chopped
1 1/2 tsp honey
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 cup vegetable oil
kosher salt and black pepperRoasted Corn and Radish
4 cups fresh corn kernels
2 medium radishes, sliced into thin rounds
1 1/2 Tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepperGreen Beans
1 lb green beans, stems removed
1 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp butter
1/8 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
1/4 small red onion, thinly slicedProcedure
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Dressing: Combine lime juice, jalapeno, honey and cumin in blender. With motor running, slowly add vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Roasted Corn and Radish: Combine corn, radish rounds, olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a sheet pan and roast mixture for 10-12 minutes until done.
- Green Beans: While corn is roasting, bring 4 quarts salted water to a boil. Add beans and boil until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil and butter over medium in a saute pan. Saute beans until starting to brown. Remove from pan and add to corn mixture. Add parsley.
- In same pan, caramelize onions over medium. Add to corn and beans, then toss with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.