Based on the recipe by Mark Peel, foodandwine.com
vegetablematter.blogspot.comCurried Green Beans and Roasted Cauliflower with Cilantro Yogurt Sauceserves 2-4IngredientsCilantro Yogurt Sauce
1 cup non-fat Greek-style plain yogurt such as Fage
1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup cilantro, choped
1 garlic clove, minced
Curried Green Beans and Roasted Cauliflower1 large cauliflower head, cut into 1" florets1 red onion, thinly sliced1/4 cup olive oil1/2 lb green beans, cut into 2" pieces1 Tbs vegetable oil2 slices white sandwich bread, cubed1 tsp Madras curry powder sea salt and black pepperProcedure
Cilantro Yogurt Sauce
Curried Green Beans and Roasted Cauliflower
- Combine all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 425°. Combine cauliflower and onion with 3 Tbs olive oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper, then spread in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- In same bowl, toss the beans with 1 Tbs olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread beans on another sheet pan.
- Place both sheet pans in oven and roast until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. The beans will cook faster, about 14 minutes, than the cauliflower, about 18 minutes. Remove from oven and combine.
- While vegetables are in the oven, heat 1 Tbs vegetable oil over low heat and saute bread cubes until golden and crispy, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan to cool.
- In the same pan, toast the curry power over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Scrape out of the pan and toss with the cooked vegetables until well coated. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Serve vegetables while still warm, topped with the bread cubes and yogurt cilantro sauce on the side.