We will be camping out for the best seats for the HUGE and VERY IMPORTANT match up vs #10 Saint Louis on March 1st, 2014. The earliest I have heard someone wanting to set up so far is Thursday night.
1) NO ALCOHOL (sorry!). It's not considered your own home even though it is in a tent, you can be charged with the open bottle laws.
2) Your group must have submitted registration to email@example.com with the following:
-Group name (if none created, will use Tent Leader's name)*Prizes available so far include VCU themed shirts from RVAtees.com and Baja Bean Gift Cards. Hopefully more to come!
-Tent Leader's name (and email if submitted by someone other than the Team Leader)
-Number of people that will be in group's tent (Maximum of 5)
-What time you plan on setting up (can be as early as Thursday night after the Fordham game)
-If you are going to participate in the Campsite Decoration Contest (with prizes*!).
3) At least one person from your tent must be present at all times. Does not have to be the same person at all times, but it must be someone with your tent.
4) All members of your group MUST be present from 3am until clean up around 6am on GameDay! This ensures people are putting in the work and not just sleeping at home then jumping in someone's tent. There WILL be mandatory checks during these times, and if you do not comply you will lose your spot in line.
5) All members of each tent group will receive a sequentially numbered ticket. Your ticket will be where you line up in the main line, so DO NOT LOSE IT. Tickets will be given out to each TENT LEADER for the number of people they registered for their tent. It will be the duty of the TENT LEADERS to make sure each member of the tent gets a ticket, and keeps up with their ticket until game time. If a ticket is lost, that person will have to go to the rear of the line. TICKETS WILL STOP BEING GIVEN OUT AT 11:59PM FRIDAY! NO EXCEPTIONS!
6) A second ticket will be given to each tent leader with the group name on it. Whomever is watching the tent MUST have this ticket with them. If you swap whomever is watching the tent, please transfer this ticket to another person. This is so that during the random tent checks, you will be able to keep your place in line. We will not know who is assigned to which tent, this will allow us to verify each tent has someone keeping an eye on it (all in the name of safety!).
7) No open flames, no gas grills. Plan to camp as if there will be no electricity. Bring battery powered devices. Friday night you might be allowed to enter the building to use restrooms, warm up, and charge a phone. Pretty sure this is happening but not set in stone yet.
8) Don't do anything illegal.
9) We're all here for the same reasons, in the name of school spirit. Make an effort to get along with EVERYONE and make new friends!!!
-IT IS GOING TO BE VERY COLD. Temps will range from 50s down to the mid 20s. Dress and plan appropriately. Don't want anyone getting sick. Pack on the layers!!!
-Plan to not have electricity in your tent. Bring lots of battery powered devices.
Tent Decorating Contest:
Will be held at 1PM Saturday. Tent Leader must be available at this time. Any tent leader not present will have their tent disqualified from the Decoration Contest.
Tent Groups Registered Already:
[Camp Name; residents; setup time expected]
Mayor's Mansion; +2; Thursday Night