VASL geo boards in v5 colors
All of the standard boards have been given the v5-color treatment, even
if they have not been released in Starter Kit style yet.
Download these and unzip them into your boards folder.
What products did all of these boards come in?
the release of the Map Bundle in mid-January 2011, all geomorphic
boards have been released with Starter Kit (SK) style artwork. However,
it will take some time to work through the backlog of VASLizing these
boards. As the SK-style boards become VASLized, their background in the
table below will change from grey to white.
|Cells with a Grey Background = physical board has not been VASLized in SK-style yet
|Cells with a White Background = physical board has been VASLized in SK-style
Check out Reid Hutchinson's spreadsheet here
When will the rest of the boards be SK-ized?
As per MMP
, the following boards will be released in Starter Kit style with the following modules:
What's up with the Desert boards? Why no v5 versions yet?
- For King and Country v2 - boards 6,7,10,12,13,14,15 and 32
- Doomed Battalions v3 - boards 9, 11, 33, 44, and 45, plus "3 sheets of terrain overlays"
- PTO Reprint Module (Code of Bushido & Gung Ho!) - boards 34-39 and 47, as well as overlays 1-6, B1-B5, Be1-7, Ef1-3, G1-5, GT, M1-5, O1-5, OC1-4, P1-5, RP1-5, Wd1-5, X6
- Hollow Legions v3 - [presumably the desert boards (25-31) and overlays - Tom]
- Note - MMP has never expressed or implied that DASL boards will ever receive SK-style treatment - Tom
have picked out a nice set of v5 desert colors, but it seemed like a
low-priority issue to apply them to the existing (v4) VASL boards, since
the resulting boards would be pretty indistinguishable from the
SK-style desert boards that eventually come out and get VASLized. Shrug.
Probably going to reverse that decision at some point and just push out
what we have, figuring people will upgrade to the new SK-style VASL
boards when the new SK-style desert boards come out in hardcopy.