Valders Student Services
Student Services Vision
The students at Valders will become critical-thinking learners who will graduate college and career ready and are well prepared to face challenges. All students can live up to high expectations with excellent 21st century skills by participating in rigorous curriculum and high-quality opportunities for self-directed personal growth.
All school counselors at Valders believe:
- All students can have meaningful relationships and adapt to opportunities and challenges.
- All students can achieve and meet high standards that will result in college and career success.
- School Counselors are leaders and advocates for equitable access to rigorous academics.
- Student achievement is maximized by participation in a comprehensive school counseling program that is planned, managed, delivered and evaluated by licensed professional school counselors.
- Applying the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors empowers school counselors to make decisions based on the highest moral principles to promote the maximum development of every student.
Mrs. Tara Bruckner
I am excited to start my 10th year in Education! I graduated with a Bachelors degree in Psychology from the University of Wisconsin - Green Bay and a Masters degree in Counseling Education from the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh.
At Valders I serve as the counselor for the high school where I provide a comprehensive school counseling program to directly serve my students and their families. I also enjoy leading the peer leaders and serve as our Youth Apprentice Liaison. I have a passion to find students where they are at and give them skills to move to the next level.
Outside of school I enjoy spending time with my family and running. My family includes my husband and two small children. We mostly enjoy being outdoors and pool time. I have been running since I was a teenager but started completing long-distances races after college. I have run over 10 half-marathon and a handful of 50 mile relay races. I also like to read historical fiction and coming of age stories.
My door is always open!