COVID-19 UPDATE - no cancellation of activities at the center.
However, please stay home if you are not feeling well; we will miss you and trust you feel better soon.
Local Doctors Dr Jennifer Wilson and Dr Carly Jensen posted this list of Top Ten Tips to prepare for COVID-19... With so much misinformation and panic, it is good to hear what our local health care providers are recommending.
You can visit this site for the most up-to-date information for our area.
Vince's Delivery Service
Vince's provides a delivery service directly to your home. The cost is $15. Since each Home Delivery is unique it is better to call and provide details about a specific request. They deliver on Mondays and Thursdays and your order needs to be in the previous day no later than 6:30pm. Simply call 905-478-8241 and ask for “Home Delivery” and they will be able to assist you further. Please note, they do have restrictions on where they can deliver, so please be sure to specify your location in the beginning to ensure they can fulfill your request.
Senior discounts at Uxbridge area stores:
- Rexall - Every Tuesday save 20% - Some exclusions apply. Advantage 55+ discount applies to our regular priced items and excludes sale items, prescriptions, products with codeine, Insulin, Gift Cards, lottery, postal services, transit tickets, baby formula & diapers, prepaid phone cards, newspapers, cigarettes (where applicable), cheese, eggs, fresh milk & bread and photofinishing. See in stores for more information.
- Shoppers Drug Mart - Every Thursday save 20% - Discounts apply to our regular prices on almost all merchandise purchased by seniors and their accompanying family members.
- McDonalds (age: 60+):Large coffee for $0.85, every day.
- Government of Canada - Services, CPP, OAS, GIS, etc - http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca
- Canada Post - rates, postal code, etc - http://www.canadapost.ca/segment-e.asp
- Community Care Durham - www.communitycaredurham.on.ca
- Uxbridge Cottage Hospital - http://www.town.uxbridge.on.ca/health_care
- CML Healthcare - http://cmlhealthcare.com/
- Durham Region Transit Specialized Transit Services: http://www.durhamregiontransit.com/Pages/default.aspx
- We Care "Helping you live your life" www.wecare.ca
- Habitat for Humanity Durham Region - http://www.habitatdurham.com/contact.html
- Mesothelioma Guide: https://www.mesotheliomaguide.com/