The US Founders Club Charities was
established in 1988 with its primary objective being that of service through
charitable and educational avenues. It is a non-profit, publicly supported
organization funded through voluntary contributions from individuals and
corporations who support its programs. Through these programs, the Charities
hope to bring about civic betterment and social improvement. It also promotes
the goals and objectives of the United States Women of Today.
The Charities educate our members, as well
as other individuals and organizations about the Women of Today organization
though the use of mailings, Annual Reports, brochures, manuals, speakers, and
word of mouth.
- Founder's Club -
any individual, chapter or state that donates $100 in a fiscal year can
become a member of the Founder's Club. The first 100 members will be known
as Charter Members. The $100 donations remain in a savings account, where
the principal remains intact; only the interest earned from this account
may be used.
- Friends of the Charities- any individual, chapter or state donating an amount other than
- National Meeting Auctions - Silent Auctions and/or Lucky Buck Auctions are held at all
national meetings. These funds are earmarked for a specific area such as
speaker funds, chapter-grant funds, etc. Anyone can bid on the items.
- Emphasis Month -
during the month of September, members are educated about the Charities
through mailings. During the month of March, members are encouraged to
make donations to the Charities
- Grants - funds
that are usually solicited from companies are requested for specific
programs or areas.
- Assists with speaker expenses at national meetings.
- Sponsors the printing of chapter mailings, manuals and brochures.
- Promotes strong public relations campaigns for chapters and states.
- Chapter Grants -
a program whereby a chapter can apply for a grant ($500 or less) for a
worthwhile project; the chapter must have a minimum donation of $100 to
the Charities prior to application.
- Annual Scholarships - awarded to members and their families for furthering education.