Sunday, May 26, 2013
San Francisco, California, USA.
Workshop held in conjunction with ICSE 2013
- May 6, 2013: The workshop will start at 8:30am, Sunday May 26, in room Regency B at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in San Francisco.
- April 24, 2013: Proposal deadline has passed. No more proposals will be accepted.
- April 10, 2013: Submit non-archival proposals until April 24, 2013!
- Feb 28, 2013: Archival proposal decisions now out.
- Dec 5, 2012: Workshop date is now set. It will be Sunday, May 26, 2013.
- Nov 29, 2012: Workshop proposal accepted!
- Nov 2, 2012: Workshop proposal submitted.
In this workshop, participants will interactively learn suitable usability methods through scaffolded group exercises, collaboratively develop and test plans for evaluating their projects, and construct a support network of like-minded researchers to help them achieve their goals.
The workshop will be structured around small group discussion. We will have a “panel” of 8-10 researchers experienced at performing user evaluations helping us moderate discussion and present anecdotes. These panelists will be able to talk about their own experiences performing user evaluations, answer questions posed by the groups, and provide guidance on user study design and pragmatics.
We plan to spend the morning focused on refining research questions, and the afternoon focused on choosing study methodologies and practicing study implementations. Throughout the day, we will incorporate activities that simultaneously introduce user evaluation methodologies.