Played by: Elielynea
Rei is an elegant miko (shrine maiden). She lives and works with her grandfather at Hikawa Jinsha Shinto Temple. She also has two guardian crows named Phobos and Deimos. Because of her work as a Shinto priestess, Rei can sense and dispel evil even in civilian form. Rei uses her Ofuda whenever she feels the presence of evil. When she transforms into Sailor Mars, she can also manipulate fire.
Rei is portrayed as boy-crazy in the early anime, but is uninterested in romance in both the manga and live-action series. She has crushes on both Mamoru and Yuichiro. She dates Mamoru before Usagi and him realize their past history. Overall, she is distrusting of men. She attends an all girls private Catholic school separate from the other Senshi.
She is very stubborn, serious, and focused. She has the shortest temper of all the Sailor Scouts! The things that annoy her the most are Yuichiro's off-key singing, Grandpa's infatuation with young girls, and Usagi's constant irritability. Although she is easily annoyed by Usagi's flightiness, Rei cares about her very much. They become best friends as the series progresses.
Name: Hino Rei
Meaning: Spirit of Fire
Birth Date: April 17
Blood Type: AB
Right or Left Handed: Right
Astrological Sign: Aries
Best Friend: Usagi
Favorite Animal: Panda
Favorite Food: Fugu (Blowfish)
Least Favorite Food: Asparugus
Favorite Colors: Red and Black
Senshi Uniform Colors: Red and White
Favorite Subject: Ancient Writing
Least Favorite Subject: Modern Society
Hobbies: Fortune Telling
Dreams: To be a Head Priestess, Model, and Singer
Special Traits: Meditation and Psychic Abilities
School: T*A Private Girls School
Mars Power Makeup - Rei's original transformation into Sailor Mars.
Mars Star Power Makeup - Rei's second transformation into Sailor Mars.
Mars Crystal Power Makeup - Rei's newest, powered-up transformation into Sailor Mars.
1. Evil Spirits, Begone (Ofuda) - This attack can be used in both Rei's civilian and Senshi forms. The Kuji-Goshin-Ho is a ritual which consists of chanting nine words of power (rin, pyou, tou, sha, kai, jin, retsu, zai, zen) while making relevant hand signs. Rei then shouts "Akuryo Taisan," meaning "Evil spirits, begone" and throws an ofuda scroll (or several).
2. Mars Fire Ignite - Mars shoots a fireball from her pointing finger.
3. Burning Mandala - Mars extends her arms above her head and a fiery circle surrounds her. Buddhist symbols become visible and are thrown at the enemy in fiery circles.
4. Mars Celestial Fire Surround - Similar to the Burning Mandala attack but stronger.
5. Mars Firebird Strike - A firebird is formed around Mars' arms. The bird flies out and attacks the enemy.
6. Mars Snake Fire - A fiery snake is launched at the enemy.
7. Mars Flame Sniper - Mars' strongest attack. She takes out a fiery bow and arrow to pierce the evil hearts of her enemies.