WorldCat Local delivers single-search-box access to more than 963 million items from your library and the world's library collections. It connects people to all your library's materials—electronic and digital and physical—as well as to the delivery services that get them what they need.
- Content - Access to more than 963 million items from authoritative content sources, including over 620 million articles. The exact content available to your users depends on your library's subscriptions.
- Single search box - One search can reach more than 1,637 databases or collections of bibliographic records.
- Delivery - Integrates with your current ILS, authentication and delivery services so your users can find it AND get it.
- Evaluative content - Help users evaluate sources quickly with more than 44 million pieces of evaluative content, including tables of contents, summaries, cover art, album covers, songs and notes included at no additional charge.
- Usability-tested - Ongoing enhancements based on extensive user experience testing.
- Visibility online - Partnerships with leading search engines (Google and Yahoo!), social networking services and other popular sites put you where your users are.
- No maintenance or IT staff required - No local hardware or software.
- Search results include multiple formats of materials such as electronic materials, digital items, databases, music, video, maps, journals, theses and print.
- Users can quickly link to online resources, place holds or request items, and borrow materials from other libraries.
- A locally-branded search box that can be placed on any Web page.
- Branch-level holdings displayed when Local Holdings Records (LHRs) are present.
- Social networking tools allow users to create and share lists, write reviews, rate items and more.
- Faceted browsing by author, format, year, audience, topic and more.
- Seven interface languages include Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Detailed usage statistics through a hosted tracking/metrics tool.
- Browser-based, mobile-specific version compatible with almost any phone. Visit osu.worldcat.org/m on your mobile device to see a live example.
Databases Available in WorldCat Local
Download an Excel spreadsheet with a list of databases available for search in WolrdCat Local.
- Brand the interface as your local library catalog with elements such as your logo and colors.
- Choose your custom WorldCat.org URL.
- Configure a group/consortial catalog as a second level of relevance in search results.
- Add links to local services such as your OpenURL resolver or virtual reference service.
- Integrate your library's local knowledge base of eContent holdings and electronic resource licensing data so users get to content faster.
- For sales information contact: libservices at oclc.org
- Feel free to contact WorldCat Local Product Management at worldcatlocalproductteam at oclc.org
Updated 10/25/2011 by Mindy Pozenel, Director WorldCat Discovery Services