This web site contains research reports, articles, student work, policy papers, and links related to urban agriculture and community food security.
Since 2007, University of Pennsylvania professor Domenic Vitiello has worked with students and colleagues to:
1) Document the production and distribution of food from community gardens and urban farms in Philadelphia, Camden and Trenton NJ, and Chicago, examining the links between urban agriculture and community food security.
* see our Harvest Reports.
2) Examine food banks' connections to and involvement in local agriculture across the United States.
* see Food Banks and Local Agriculture.
3) Prepare graduate and undergraduate students to work in urban agriculture and food system planning.
* see Student Work.
4) Support urban agriculture organizations in researching the outcomes and impacts of their work and in developing their programs and capacity.
* see Links to organizations with which we have worked.